Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

California Governor Called "Trumpian"

Sham managers doing sham things. Fleece and release then re-lease.

All those woods around Quincy were planned for thinning & forest management under Quincy Library Plan & the Sierra Nevada Framework Plan. Years of work done. 20 that I was involved with as a member of the Peer Review Teams. Meetings with Congress. Money out of my pocket just to testify.

For what? So I can see the Greenfield Library burnt to the ground?
We knew this would happen.

Newsom is facing a recall election on September 14. He is grasping at straws to stay in favor with moderates. A talk by a lobbyist yesterday basically came down to "if schools in LA are open on Sept 14 he stays in office. If Covid closures in place, he's getting bounced" .

But I've seen more action on Veg management by Cal Fire and PG&E in the last 4 years than ever before. It is visible. I hope it is effective and that will prompt more of the same in the future.

Newsom is facing a recall election on September 14. He is grasping at straws to stay in favor with moderates. A talk by a lobbyist yesterday basically came down to "if schools in LA are open on Sept 14 he stays in office. If Covid closures in place, he's getting bounced" .

But I've seen more action on Veg management by Cal Fire and PG&E in the last 4 years than ever before. It is visible. I hope it is effective and that will prompt more of the same in the future.
A drop in the bucket and too little too late. Like whistling Dixie while peeing on the Dixie fire.

It also won't change ,who ever replaces Newsom.
Sorry for the pessimistic attitude on the subject.

It also won't change ,who ever replaces Newsom.
Sorry for the pessimistic attitude on the subject.
The other thing is there isn't a larger than life recall candidate like Arnold Schwarzenegger to replace him....

Irony. I just realized I gave up,moved from the Sierra's, yacking from NM.
I'm sucking smoke today from those fires.

And then compare any Trump speech where he stuck to the teleprompter with the incomprehensible garble that is any other speech. Notecards are par for the course for those who want America to look like it's being led by a responsible adult.
Easy there tiger. The note card is telling him he has something stuck in his teeth. Its funny is all. Take a deep breath.

All those woods around Quincy were planned for thinning & forest management under Quincy Library Plan & the Sierra Nevada Framework Plan. Years of work done. 20 that I was involved with as a member of the Peer Review Teams. Meetings with Congress. Money out of my pocket just to testify.

For what? So I can see the Greenfield Library burnt to the ground?
We knew this would happen.
Would be nice to see someone (maybe insurance companies) sue the groups that shut down those types of efforts for damages, surely the plan documented the risk of fire and the need to address it. As predicted the resulting catastrophic fires did occur, and could have been prevented if the plan wasn't shut down by the direct action of whoever sued to stop it. Or maybe it's the judge you'd have to go after?

Would be nice to see someone (maybe insurance companies) sue the groups that shut down those types of efforts for damages, surely the plan documented the risk of fire and the need to address it. As predicted the resulting catastrophic fires did occur, and could have been prevented if the plan wasn't shut down by the direct action of whoever sued to stop it. Or maybe it's the judge you'd have to go after?
The groups are using the legal system to shut down federal forest management projects. Congress needs to step in here.

I'll eat some pie while I suck smoke.
My logger/mill owner/contract fire equipment guy here has contracts for thinning along roads,hazards & such. Dead trees mostly after our largest fire a few years back. Was pulling logs for a bit this winter,not even started on contract really. A dent in the problem.
Got shut down. No full explanation,like usual.

He moved his whole mill crew,14, & the fellers,truckers to a local ranch he had a contract for thinning on. It is a poster of what should be done on overgrown forest lands. Well spaced trees of varying age,thinned and room to grow. All slash chipped. Not a track on steep hillsides left.
Looks like a thinning job I would have done in a park at one time, on thousands more times the space.

The surrounding Apache NF lands are a tinderbox of fuel,waiting. The Gila that did not burn a few years back will. I have watched the last old growth that was left burn the last few years. All of Eagle Peak. Most of Aspen Mtn. groves.
What the firefighters a few years back gave all for.

There are no funds. There are bribes and $ to be made for the free market & congress.
A trillion dollars,would be a drop in the bucket now. Chump change.Chumps that actually pay those taxes.

I'll sign off this one & eat pie.

I'll eat some pie while I suck smoke.
My logger/mill owner/contract fire equipment guy here has contracts for thinning along roads,hazards & such. Dead trees mostly after our largest fire a few years back. Was pulling logs for a bit this winter,not even started on contract really. A dent in the problem.
Got shut down. No full explanation,like usual.

He moved his whole mill crew,14, & the fellers,truckers to a local ranch he had a contract for thinning on. It is a poster of what should be done on overgrown forest lands. Well spaced trees of varying age,thinned and room to grow. All slash chipped. Not a track on steep hillsides left.
Looks like a thinning job I would have done in a park at one time, on thousands more times the space.

The surrounding Apache NF lands are a tinderbox of fuel,waiting. The Gila that did not burn a few years back will. I have watched the last old growth that was left burn the last few years. All of Eagle Peak. Most of Aspen Mtn. groves.
What the firefighters a few years back gave all for.

There are no funds. There are bribes and $ to be made for the free market & congress.
A trillion dollars,would be a drop in the bucket now. Chump change.Chumps that actually pay those taxes.

I'll sign off this one & eat pie.
You know your stuff Hank. We need your ornery old ass to keep up the good fight. You can eat pie and fight at the same time. I know you can!

The left wants the forests to burn, it supports their agenda. They are also asking Biden to ban all import and interstate transport of game and birds. They are doing everything they can to make city life the only life.

The left wants the forests to burn, it supports their agenda. They are also asking Biden to ban all import and interstate transport of game and birds. They are doing everything they can to make city life the only life.

Plenty of the left doesn't want that.

Congress could have funded alternative forest management 30 years ago. Instead the extremes of each side have just pissed and moaned about either clear cuts or tree huggers and nothing was accomplished.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back