California drawing

A-con

The last elk drawing of the year, California, is due by June 2.
Since the state allows one (1) non resident tag, I know all of you will be scrambling to get your Apps in on time.
Mine is in the mail, Northeastern Rocky elk tag, come to papa !:hump:

Michael can now apply for bgi game tags in CA, so he'll be applying for a tule elk, antelope and deer youth hunts. Might as well start getting him points for sheep, too. With his luck, he'll get drawn before I do.

Just finished filling out mine. Should have back to back tule elk tags, yeah right but it is nice to dream.
Jay

Many of the tutle elk tag drawings give you no preference point advantage - yet you lose all your points if drawn. For example, there has usually been one Grizzly Island Bull tag available, and points don;t matter. But if I was drawn for the hunt, I lose all the points I've accumulated. So - if I apply for a hunt where my max points count, I have a better chance of being drawn and then I can put in for a tule bull for the rest of my life and see if get drawn. Having the max points available in CA, I hate to burn them on a drawing where they don't count.

I drew a Likely Tables antelope tag the first year they went to the point system. It was one of my favorite hunts I've been on. I'm glad I drew when I did because I moved to Idaho the next year. Good luck to all...Cali truly does have some animals that make the gubbernator look small.

LOL! Yeah, so would I. I lived off Hwy 12 in Suisun and took my shorthairs out to Joyce or Grizzly all the time to train them on the pheasant out there. I had 2 half-sisters out one time during pheasant season, they disappeared over a levee...a few minutes later they herded a very PO'ed tule bull right towards me! They were very proud of themselves.... I whoa'ed them up and waved the bull off. It was a big bull, too!

My older brother got drawn for a cow on Grizzly, and then got drawn for a bull a few years later. He got a huge bull. It only took me 8 or 9 years to get over being jealous. I'm lying...I still hate him.

I have a daughter getting married and she chose the week that many of preferred elk hunts are happening, so I just may put in for the Grizzly bull again. You just never know... You can't beat the Grizzly Bull tag if you are luckly enough to get it!

Many of the tutle elk tag drawings give you no preference point advantage - yet you lose all your points if drawn. For example, there has usually been one Grizzly Island Bull tag available, and points don;t matter. But if I was drawn for the hunt, I lose all the points I've accumulated. So - if I apply for a hunt where my max points count, I have a better chance of being drawn and then I can put in for a tule bull for the rest of my life and see if get drawn. Having the max points available in CA, I hate to burn them on a drawing where they don't count.

There are other quality Tule Elk hunts in the state other than Grizzly Island where max points definitely give you an advantage.

My daughter getting married on Aug 22 complicated things. I know some of the Inyo Valley hunts may be doable, but the bulls there seem to have fragile antlers - many (most?) are broken up and I have heard of hunters accidently breaking tines or tips off. Probably a poor diet? I just went ahead and put in for Grizzly. If I get it - great. If not, then I'll still have max points next year. East Park is one I usually apply for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back