California deer tags available

Never really considered California. Do you all have much experience there?

It's really stupid tough. That's about the nicest way I can put how things are here.
Dude, that pretty much sums it up. Ha!
In a strange way though, I kinda miss it. Probably just because that’s where I learned and experienced so many new things….not that I want to move back.

Dude, that pretty much sums it up. Ha!
In a strange way though, I kinda miss it. Probably just because that’s where I learned and experienced so many new things….not that I want to move back.
I love the wilderness areas in California, but the state not so much. Lived here my whole life and I've been begging my wife to ship our family to Ohio. That's where I want to be. Or Idaho. I'll attach some photos from this past weekends archery opener my son and I struck out on looking for bucks and bears.

Attachments

• 20210822_063757.jpg
    20210822_063757.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210822_062604.jpg
    20210822_062604.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210822_065155.jpg
    20210822_065155.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 42
D6 in these photos. We typically go D5 but el Dorado closed due to caldor fire. We have AO tags so and A,B or D zone is good to go for us. My sons after bucks only, I'm the only one carrying a bear tag.

With NR tags in other western states selling out faster and/or being reduced, California, Oregon and Washington may be the only OTC deer tags easily available this fall.

With NR tags in other western states selling out faster and/or being reduced, California, Oregon and Washington may be the only OTC deer tags easily available this fall.
Yeah who would have ever thought those would be your only choices in the near future for a true otc hunt. California you can grab a deer tag, bear tag and pig tag and go hunt all otc.

Yeah who would have ever thought those would be your only choices in the near future for a true otc hunt. California you can grab a deer tag, bear tag and pig tag and go hunt all otc.

Well - It is a 2 edge sword. More hunters gives us more pull in the politics of hunting. I did see that B tags have been selling out in August. Still a few zones that don't fill the quota. Archery only tags let you hunt a lot. California does need to shoot more bears.

Yup in CA you can shoot 2 dinks if you’re lucky, a decent bear probably, and pay for guaranteed pig on a private hunt.

Best thing to come to CA for hunting wise is the bear and we need help there as the quota has not been reached since they banned the use of dogs. Deer can be hunted with dogs though, which is very ironic, as can pig if you can find them on public (possible but not easy).

Back