• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.
Caribou Gear

California Bull 427-5/8 gross

A-con

We got thoses mangey things all over the state. I had to shoo one bigger than that out of my garden this morning. smilies/eek.gif

schmalts

Maybe not, the Tejon ranch re-introduced the elk back a while ago. The tejon is a huge ranch (10's of thousands acres)and is not high fenced.

T Bone

Central and Northern Cal produce some big bulls, both Rocky Mtn and Roosevelt. But that thing has grain-fed written all over it.

D13er

The Tejon ranch is a 270,000 acre cattle ranch and is only fenced for cattle...5 strand barbed wire. The elk are rocky mtn. and were released on a neighboring ranch in the 60's. They are free ranging but live in a very mild climate for elk. No bad winter, no migrating to winter areas and virtually no hunting pressure. They are not fed or fenced . I wouldn't consider it a real tough hunt though. He wasn't killed in the pasture he was photographed in and the terrain does get fairly rough. It is a pefect hunt for someone that can't or doesn't want to tackle a very strenuous hunt. I believe the cost is $16500 which is alot of money but reasonable for a very good chance at a 400" wild bull. B&C does accept bulls from his ranch.

JB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McLucas