• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

California blacktails (With WARNING)

MarvB

WARNING- The bucks you are about to see are Columbian Blacktails...that being said, they will likely be some of the smallest (Moosie sized) dinks that are posted here this year ;)

Well the bro-in-law (Chris) just got back from his public lands b-tail hunt. (B Zone for you fellow CA folks). They went 5-7 with one good 3x3 and the rest mostly forkies. Chris wasn't one of the lucky gunners seeing only a handful of does and a lone coyote for his efforts.

Here's the pics-

[ 09-27-2004, 08:55: Message edited by: MarvB ]

Ridge Runner

MarvB.. Congrats to your Bro- inlaw and the crew! that's a good hunt for Cali public land! That 4x is a nice buck in any state for a blacktail. Don't worry about the smallest one posted, I think my nephews has that title but hey it's his first so it's a trophy in our eyes. Not asking for coordinates but what area of B zone? Congrats again.
:cool:

MarvB

Ridge- those deer were all taken in B2 south of Hayfork-north of Hwy 36. The B's encompass a huge area but there are a lot of deer in those canyons. My problem hunting there is I like to bow hunt and between the topog and the weather (100+ degrees always) the success rate really falls off. I do most of my B zone bowhunting in pockets along the Sacto. River.

Marv