Caribou Gear Tarp

Cal C tags where I live

BLAMM

finally got a set of tags for the area where I live most people do not get drwn for there home area here or at lest the people I hang do not this lotto system in cal in the pits you would think those that live in a zone would be able to be drawn like first then have the lotto for the flat landers. but this year we got sets so likin it

I don't think any state gives preference to residents of a zone over non-residents of that zone other than landowner tags. That would be a ridiculous allocation for a general draw.

Why should residents of a zone have preferential treatment over non-residents (outside of owning huntable land)? Should I move to Grizzly Island so I can draw the elk tag? What about those that live in D3-5?

That is why I live in Santa Rosa. That way I live in the highly sought after A-zone tag:D area. And I can draw one any time I want.

Bill

finally got a set of tags for the area where I live most people do not get drwn for there home area here or at lest the people I hang do not this lotto system in cal in the pits you would think those that live in a zone would be able to be drawn like first then have the lotto for the flat landers. but this year we got sets so likin it

You can get a C tag every year. You have to put it as your first choice on your app though. Which means you miss out on the X zone opportunity in CA. IMO C zone kinda sucks unless you have private property. The B zone wilderness areas offer a DIY hunter alot more options. You can still get a B zone tag as well as a C this year.

I manage just over six thousand acres and it butts up against 30thousand acres timber lands ( though it did burn off a couple years ago ) in the c3 zone thats about as private as it gets I did the only single zone and it took a few years to build points a close friend in fish snd game told me I will get every year now that I finally got drawjn will see I tink its only fair that if you live in a zone thats where you should get if thats what you want if you live in the bay or la hunt there maybe things would be a bit different

Back