Cabela's TAGS misses AZ deadline.

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
As many of you know, Cabela's tag service missed the deadline for the elk and deer application deadline. Friday morning, the 14th, the AZ G&F commission is having a hearing as to whether or not they will allow these late filed applications.

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/inside_azgfd/agenda/2008/Mar14.pdf

See the link above for the notice of this special meeting.

Not sure how you feel, but a long time ago, they denied my app for a $1.50 extra app fee. When I offered to pay it, they said rules are rules.

So, here is what I am doing:

I have hired an attorney who happens to be a passionate hunter. He is going to get a letter faxed and overnighted to AZ G&F to tell them of my intent to file a lawsuit, if they accept the Cabela's applications that arrived after the deadline.

The attorney stated that if any of you are interested in joining this suit, please provide the following:

>Full name
>Address
>Phone number
>Statement that "I want to be a party to action against the Arizona Game and Fish Commission related to allowing late applications in the 2008 elk and antelope draw."

PLEASE DO NOT provide any social security numbers or other personal information.

Please email to [email protected].

I promise this is not some sleezy attorney advertising scam.

I am paying all the legal fees, but your joining this suit would be very helpful.

Not having time to fully research the topic and applicable laws and statutes, the attorney is not sure what grounds will be used if the G&F commission changes the rules for Cabela's in this case. Since the commission meeting is Friday morning, the letter must be sent tomorrow.

If you are interested in being a party to this action, please email your information to the above email.

Thanks in advance for any guys wanting to put their actions where their mouth is.

Happy Hunting and good luck in the draws.

Wow, what a load of crap. Good luck to those that applied in AZ on this. I'd be pretty pissed if I contracted cabelas to submit my app, but those people should be upset with Cabela's not AZ.

Heck if they allow these maybe I should apply since I didn't when I was supposed to.

Check ur mail. What a bunch of crap. I have messed up an app before....................I got the same line you did.

First Post on this site....the post below and the link came off of the AZBASSZONE site for anyone who want to contact the commissioners and voice their opinion.

"I have attached the link to all of the commissioners. Please please voice your opinion. A deadlind is a deadline no matter who you are. It always seems to boil down to money with the G & F and I'm betting they will let them in which would be totally unfair and just wrong. Please guys let your voice be heard."

http://www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/co...s.shtml#carter

Thats right!! Its :BLEEP:Cabela's not tha Az game and fish. So if its ok for Cabela's to be late the its ok for eveyone else. Bull Chit!! Is the USO behind this one also? :confused: elkay

Ditto..I was denied once for having my "party leader" app out of order! (Was supposed to be on stop and somehow got shuffled to the bottom...OF TWO FRIGGIN APPLICATIONS!) I'll email you my info today Randy and thanks for your efforts!

When I draw my AZ elk tag this year and kill the bull of my dreams.....................I am gonna name him Big Fin:D

Is it that Cabelas tags screwed up or the courier service they hired screwed up? Just curious.
Here in Montana under the outfitter sponosored license rule there is a claus that if you can prove delivery was supposed to be made by your chosen service on the appropriate date. ( They are due in Helena by 5pm March 17 this year) they would be considered on time if they arrive late.

Say you sent them in Overnight fedex and a snowstorm or some other incident delays delivery it is not your fault as the hunter and FWP will still issue your license.

The only reason I bring it up is before you spend a pile of money on attorney fees AZ may also have some sort of loophole in their laws that alows them to do this.

Good Luck though. If it was Cabelas fault I hope all the people that used them show their displeasure;).
I screwed up somehow with buying my preference point in Wyoming. I did it on line and somehow the transaction never was complete. Maybe if AZ sides with cabelas I can use that case law to argue my point with Wyoming and still buy the point:D. ( probably not)

A good way to avoid the problem is have a postmark date as the deadline. If they dont get post marked by a given date...you're out.

No matter what happens cabelas is going to take a beating on this one.

Just sent letters to Cabelas TAGS and AZGF commission.

Thanks for the help guys.

The letter is almost ready and will be faxed this afternoon and sent overnight, to arrive before the meeting tomorrow.

May your mailbox be filled with AZ tags!

Just thought I would pass this on..I put a call in to G&F and got a call back from Harry Seck (Director of Special Programs for G&F).

What he said was that Cabelas has a total of 583 applications that they are trying to have accepted.....He stated that it is G&F official recommendation that they are not allowed in to the draw.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

I heard about this and immediatly sent this email to all of the commission members.

My name is R. Craig Steele and I am a concerned Arizona resident. I was recently informed about a special commission hearing that is scheduled for 03/14/08. I do not know all the facts about Cabelas Tags situation but I do want to warn the commission against accepting any big game applications after the deadline. To even allow the applicants to purchase a bonus point after the deadline could potentially lead to other lawsuits and loss of funds that should be going to Arizona’s Wildlife. From a public perspective it looks as though the AZ Game & Fish Commission is allowing this hearing because of the mere concept of loosing funds from a high priced business. Below I have a few questions that a lot of folks would like answered:

- I missed the deadline this year. Do I get a special hearing?

- I have missed the deadline in the past. How come I did not get a special hearing when I contacted the state office?

I do feel sorry for the folks that applied with this company but that is not my business nor is it the business of the Arizona Game & Fish. If I was one of these folks I would be on the phone with my lawyer looking into a potential lawsuit against Cabelas not the Arizona Game & Fish.

I appreciate your time.

Sincerely,
Craig Steele

Thanks for the help guys. The letter has been faxed and receipt was confirmed by the AZ G&F director's office. Amazing how many of your responded.

A lot of Hunttalkers jumped in. Our good pal Spitz was Johnny on the Spot in getting this done.

Let's hope they do the fair and legal thing tomorrow morning so we can get on with the draw.

Happy Hunting!

BF-Thanks for taking the lead with the attorney. IMO that will just insure a fair and accurate decision and will keep out the money and politics.

Glen Harwell

I just received this letter back from cabelas via e-mail...thought I would share

"March 13, 2008

Dear Mr. ( I have blanked this out):

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

A lot of misinformation and rumors are going around about Cabela’s T.A.G.S. program and late Arizona elk and antelope hunting applications. We are currently working through a well-defined administrative process with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, a process open to any hunting license applicant or any other customer of the game and fish department.

Despite rumors you may have heard or read, Cabela’s has never implied, discussed or threatened any lawsuit against the State of Arizona or the Arizona Fish and Game Department. We absolutely do not intend to pursue a lawsuit against the department no matter their decision. Cabela’s considers the Arizona Fish and Game Department, and all state fish and game departments, partners and co-supporters of all the outdoor sports we all hold dear.

We are simply representing hunters, who through no fault of their own, stand to miss out on a chance to participate in the Arizona draw. And, further to that point, we are asking not only on behalf of T.A.G.S. customers, but on behalf of all men, women and youth hunters whose applications may have been similarly delayed by unforeseen circumstances as permitted by Arizona statute. These hunters are not just customers of Cabela’s, but customers of Arizona Fish and Game Department. We believe their case should be heard.

With full faith in the administrative process, Cabela’s will abide by and respect the decision of the Arizona Wildlife Commission and the Arizona Game and Fish Department.

Thank you for contacting us and I hope this helps clarify the matter.

<[email protected]>

This was sent by someone name Gregg Severinson at Cabelas after I e-mailed my letter to them telling them what I though

I was out all day tday... i didn't get you my info.. I am curious on the outcome though..... Interesting :D :D

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back