Buying an ATV

I have a Suzuki 2004 eiger 400 with no issues. Just bought a new 2019 Suzuki king quad 750 to use this fall. Little more power to haul moose and elk out of the bush

Polaris. I gave had over a dozen. Never once broke down or had any warranty. I currently own a two sportsman 450 and 850 EPS and a ranger 900EPS

I bought a 2000 Honda Foreman 400 back in 1999. Three batteries and quite a few oil changes later she is still going strong. I have been plowing with it since 2004 in winter and use it in the field but not as much anymore now that I wilderness hunt mostly.

Damn near indestructible. I would endorse a Honda ATV all day long.

I will put my vote in for Polaris. It is the Cadillac of ATV's. Smoothest riding, extremely powerful, true 4 wheel drive, no three wheel drive bs. I have had a few. The picture below is of my 2006 700. It was rode hard almost every weekend. Crossing 5' of water no problem, deep mud no problem. Yes it was modified. Yes it broke down some, as would be expected with the abuse it got. Good bike. My current version is a stock 2014 540 Sportsman. One battery change has been it. And 1 oil change last year. Ton of power. Can pick the front wheels up and carry them or stand it straight up and down, which ever you prefer.

This was my son and I in 2006. In about 2.5' of water doing a water wheelie.

Jeff and Jake.jpg

Another recommendation for Honda. I have 2 Rubicon's and they are great machines. I have had Hondas since 1988 and have never had a bad one.

I will put my vote in for Polaris. It is the Cadillac of ATV's. Smoothest riding, extremely powerful, true 4 wheel drive, no three wheel drive bs. I have had a few. The picture below is of my 2006 700. It was rode hard almost every weekend. Crossing 5' of water no problem, deep mud no problem. Yes it was modified. Yes it broke down some, as would be expected with the abuse it got. Good bike. My current version is a stock 2014 540 Sportsman. One battery change has been it. And 1 oil change last year. Ton of power. Can pick the front wheels up and carry them or stand it straight up and down, which ever you prefer.

This was my son and I in 2006. In about 2.5' of water doing a water wheelie.

View attachment 128480
‘MURICA!!!!

I have owned multiple Hondas and still own a Rancher. I also own a 2016 Polaris 570 2 up. Honda is the most dependable and the easiest to work on. The Polaris has the best ride and that is why I bought one. If you want to buy one and own it forever with very little maintenance buy a Honda. My Polaris goes to the shop every year, my Honda has been once in 15 years.

Polaris has worked on my grandpas farm since well before I was born. An old 1994 Xplorer is still pulling its weight.

99 grizzly. It's a beast. Few carburetor issues over the years but no big deal. Brother has a Honda foreman, about 15 years old, no issues. Most of my buddies have a Polaris. Nice ride but in the shop from time to time. If I was buying one, Honda, no brainer.

Two people have already mentioned it, Electric Power Steering, whatever you choose you want EPS.

We’ve had good luck with the bigger Suzuki King Quads. First one ran great and then was stolen. Second one is doing fine after about five years. I’d recommend.

I dont own a ATV anymore I've got a side by side Polaris ranger because it was a great deal through a friend. Dont get me wrong I like it but I'd a gree with @Muskeez on the reliability Honda cant be beat. If I were to buy an ATV it would be a Honda.
Same . I had a 2007 Honda rancher and used it elk hunting in Colorado , deer hunting in Montana and hunting and pushing snow in nd , can’t beat them if I bought another 4 wheeler it would for sure be a Honda but I have a family and my kid likes rides and I liked the idea of him being strapped in and having a roll cage so I also bought a ranger with heated cab winch blade and tracks . The ride is unbelievable and comfort is awesome -25 and wind and I drive around anywhere I want in a light sweatshirt. But the Honda is still most reliable in my opinion

My hands went numb from vibration when riding a friends Yamaha. Other friend had a Suzuki, yea no to both. My Polaris gets fed gas and just runs, 14 years old. Can’t beat a Honda no matter what type of equipment it is.

I've owned an Arctic Cat 500 since 2008...I use it mostly for plowing from Oct-April and summer riding...no problems ever.

Everyone in Alaska has an ATV, so I fly or boat/canoe or backpack in to get away from the crowds for hunting.

ive had a few atvs over the years and love my yamaha grizz and kodiaks,,only ones out there with front diff lock button,,i now have a grizzly 550 w eps and love it,,i m o,, id rate yamaha#1,honda#2,,posibly can am or polaris #3,and wouldnt even think of anything else lower than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back