Buying a utv unseen & shipping

mthillrunner

Hi, I'm looking at buying a used utv. It's online, I won't be able to see it before purchase. It's a 2013 polaris ranger 900 eps, any input on this unit? I'm new to the whole utv/atv thing. I have a buddy that buys them frequently online without ever physically seeing it. He looked at me like I'm nuts for questioning it. Is it common for folks to do this? The other issue is it is in NC, I am in MT. Can anyone recommend a good shipping company? Also, do they serve as a middle man holding the money for a predetermined number of days after delivery in case there are issues? I am looking for guidance as to how this process works. My friend only buys stuff that's within a days drive and picks it up himself. Thanks

Can't comment on the Ranger part...had a 2012 model for work. It did what asked.

I'd be willing to bet that once you add up the costs of shipping, risk of not being as advertised, and the risk of it being a scam, it would be cheaper to buy it here in MT. My experience with buying on craigslist and the like is "Caveat emptor"

You must be getting a smoking deal for that kind of expense and hassle. If it is that cheap, I would really question it. Anybody that cannot sell a UV in NC, may be highly suspect.

As far as the quality, I guess they are OK. There are lots of them around, but I know a lot of people that have had problems with them. I have a Kawasaki Mule and I think it is a better-made vehicle, but it does not go 50 miles an hour either. It is all in what you want.

I'm with Mhhntr, I'm not sure its worth the risk to buy one of these sight unseen across the country. There are plenty of dealers in MT that I'm sure could find you what you are looking for. Heck the thrifty nickel out of Billings has utv's all the time. Good Luck with your purchase.

My theory on atv utv's is new only. If it's to good to be true watch out. Not trying to be mean. Bought used once and will never buy used one again. Buy smaller size new to offset price. Just my 2cents:)

without guarantees or references I would not. I have bought vehicles online but never consummated the deal until I was able to see it first hand. There is an inherent risk you assume and normally a cost associated with it.

You have to be willing to live with your decision come what may.

Where is it at in NC? I live in Sanford and could possibly go take a look at it for you if it is fairly close. I am a back yard mechanic and I can usually tell if something has not been taken care of...Just a thought.

Todd

I have a 14 900 eps its a great machine!

take Todd up on the offer........something sounds to good to be true

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back