Busy morning

I love that you give Mom Fin time on the lake for all your time away. You seem to be having a good time yourself.

Yeah those 2ft northern are good eating. The kids that work the dock in Canada would clean ours and get the Y bones out. Hard to tell the difference between them and the walleye when cooking up both together.

Man, I'll bet that one gave you a shot of adrenaline when you saw it..
Nice work Fin

Jackpot. I don't mow lawns. I fish. If I mowed lawns and didn't fish or fished less, my wife would ditch me for someone who spent their precious time fishing rather than mowing lawns.
I have seen your lawns, mowed by Llamas, who needs a lawn mower?

I have caught pike, but never eaten one, I have always been told they are full of bones and taste of mud, maybe I should try it one day.

Cracking fish!

Cheers

Richard

Good memories right there and great eats if cleaned properly, anytime you want company to help you take care of that northern problem I’m only a text away 😜
Matt

Never caught or tasted either fish as they are far and few between here
in Az. land... 😎

I have seen your lawns, mowed by Llamas, who needs a lawn mower?

I have caught pike, but never eaten one, I have always been told they are full of bones and taste of mud, maybe I should try it one day.

Cracking fish!

Cheers

Richard
They are best out of cold water. I prefer to keep them while ice fishing

Here is a pike fillet 3E099A86-5CFE-4732-B51E-3BE88AE38902.jpegwith ribs out and Y bones out. You can fillet the meat off the top of the y bones then get below them and zip them right out

Being from the other hemisphere, what's the big fuss over walleye? Pike look like they'd be way more fun! Is it an edibility thing?

Personal preference mostly, I grew up in E. MT all the walleye purists don’t seem too like them. I love catching and eating pike! Walleyes do taste slightly better especially during the summer. But I still love them pike!
Matt

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back