Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bush hits the campaign trail...

*Gasp* Dan, are you suggesting that the economy might have actually been set to go BEFORE Bush took office? How dare you! ;) I agree 100%...even BEFORE it tanked financial people were saying it was bound to happen.

Dgibson,

I think you're spot on about Powell, all the way.

Danr, its a good excuse, but theres more to it than .com failures...dont you think?

Paul, you havent hooked me on anything yet, I dont see it happening anytime soon. But hey, the fishing is always fun. ;)

I was at a conference a few years back and Powell was the guest speaker. He received a standing ovation and everyone there said they'd vote for him in an instant if he ever ran for anything. He is a very straightforward, honest guy who has worked hard for everything he has, and takes or makes no excuses.

I think the general lack of morality and ethics, as evidenced by Clinton and accepted by "most" Americans has hurt the economy and our nation - no one has confidence anymore in anyone or anything. It is best exemplified by the attitude of "Nothing is more important than what I want, and I want it now so get outa my way." It should be no surprise than our politicians reflect "our" values.

Short Course for Buzz:

Late 90's many were speculating in stocks (expecially techs and dotcoms) buying and selling and making money as the prices went thru the roof. When you make money this way you pay thing called capital gains tax. This was all paper money because many of these companies had no real value and didn't even make a profit. Then the bubble burst, and the suckers holding the bag lost their ass. When you lose your ass you can write it off against your income so you pay less taxes or none at all, maybe even for several years if the loss is great enough.

So one year we had large excesses in tax revenue that idiots attribute to Clinton, and the next year we had a hefty decline in tax revenue which idiots attribute to Bush. Got it?

Paul

[ 02-17-2004, 16:17: Message edited by: BHR ]

Paul,

Did you take this short course through the E.I.B. network, with talent on loan from God???

Check out how the stock market was doing in the late 80's up until BC took office...not exactly a thing of beauty with 12 years or Reaganomics.

The current administration has a poor economic policy...in my opinion. Spend, spend, spend, spend, then spend some more...all the while reducing the tax base. Great policy.

Buzz,

Look at the bright side. When were all in the poor house because of "Dubya's" poor economic policy, none of us will be able to buy ATV's much less put gas in them. So what you are trying to tell me is "Dubya" is good for the environment and so was Reagan. Thanks for clearing that up Buzz!

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back