Bush comparison

Calif. Hunter

The following appeared in the local paper in Ft. Worth, TX. as a letter to the editor.

" Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed (John Kerry or Ted Kennedy) Bush was the worst president in U.S. history." (I heard Kerry say this on the news last night - 02/09/04)

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Why is so hard to remember it was started by terrorists on 9/11.?

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 8,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or the French's consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

Clinton was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 30 a year.

Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home. Worst president in history? Come on ........"

a comparison...

38058.jpg

Flip, thats ridiculious. Obiviously you guys don't live close to the area of attack. You forget to quickly.

Flipper, stick with the other pictures. You obviously are better suited to naked women than to politics..

:cool:

Most people are disenchanted with the way the govt. works, so it is not surprising to see such things printed. The people of the US elected what they thought was going to be another politician and ended up getting a leader. This is a very hard concept ofr the liberals in this country to grasp.
I spent a great part of my life to the point serving my country under our three previous presidents and was sent into combat situations by two of them,(G.H.Bush,Clinton. Panama,Desert Storm,and Bosnia). As was stated, we did not start this war. In fact, the recent combat actions in Iraq did not require a declaration of war for us to take action. As it was also suggested, the people of this country forget to fast.

There was never a declared end to hostilities to Desert Storm, there was just a cease fire called. Combat operations did not stop. There were at least 1 combat incident every year since the cease fire. Usually the incidents involved either navy fighters or air force fighters, but at least once a year, we were either bombing something or shooting something down in or around the "no-fly zones".

IMO it is sad that the people in this country forget the tragedy of Sept. 11, or the fact that we have combat troops, you know the ones i'm talkin about, the ones that "STARTED" the US response to the Sept. 11 attacks still in combat operations in Afghanistan and now in Pakistan.

If current congressmen and senators and future presidents do not agree with the decession of our president to go to combat after the events of Sept. 11 and don't want to support him in getting justice for the people of this country, then i for one am damn sure that don't want them in a position where they make choices as to what they feel is best for our country. After all, it was Clinton that sent our troops into Samalia and got 19 of them killed, and over 60 of them wounded and then pulled them out without letting them accomplish the job HE sent them there to do in the first place. I say god bless George W. Bush for having the strength to not cave into the political pressure that the libereal idiots and the forgetfull people of this country put on him every day. He told every one of this that this was not going to be easy, fast, or that we wouldn't lose lives of our american service men, and that we were in it for the long run. If a person doesn't like it, if a person doesn't want to support him, our troops, and our way of life, let them move to France.

One last thing before i end this post and get ripped to shreds by anyone i offend, if Bush is such a bad president, and his policy is not working, take a look at Libyia. Just after we went back into a combat roll in Iraq, Libyia declared that they were ending their wmd programs and INVITED the US to come inspect the dismantling. Just this morning on CNN, it was said that Libyia may get full diplomatic services with the US reinstated by the end of 2004. We haven't had relations with them since the late 70's early 80's. Remember Reagan bombing them and France not letting us fly overr their airspace to do it. Believe me folks, Bushs policy on terror is working.

Tahnks for the time. Keep your head down, and the liberals will steal the very rights that we love and cherrish.

Flipper, Are you trying to say anything with that picture? Whatever it is, its absolutely ignorant. Try responding to the intelligent and outstanding letter to the editor that Ca Hunter posted with words. Your picture is a big ignorant mistake.

Remember, the terrorists used our weapons (planes), from our country, to attack us on 911. We have to get them here, they are here.

What are you trying to say with that ignorant picture?

How about that great post by RockyMtnElkStalker?

Flipper, don't you know you're not bright enough to post down here? Keep it up and you'll get reported to the Haute Society police.
;) :D

Geez...lighten up...have a beer!

You would think that I made fun of your dad...brother...uncle...or cousin :rolleyes:

Darren...bite me!!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back