Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Burris Fullfield

I did the burris fullfield IV 2.5-10, on sale at midway right now for $220. Watch their site as they have gift cards too from time to time.

Have you used any of the new VX3 from Leupold? I'm looking to get one for my 7 mag.
We have a VX III 2.5-8x on my wife's Rem. 270 bought in about 1984 and have never had a problem. I wouldn't have anything other than a Leupold.

I have (or I should say HAD) a Burris Fulfield 4.5-14 on a muzzleloader. I wondered why that rifle never hit the same place twice and it was the culprit after messing with both the rings and bases. I have a Pentax Pioneer (Burris Fulfield rebadged) 3-9 on a 22LR and that's the only thing I trust it for. I say spend the $ on something better

I’ve been wanting a 4.5-14x40ish scope for my .223 for years and have been severely tempted a few times by Burris. I’ve stopped myself though as I know I would rather have the VX3HD .
Every time i have the cash to swing for it, something pops up. I’ll get it someday.

I’ve been wanting a 4.5-14x40ish scope for my .223 for years and have been severely tempted a few times by Burris. I’ve stopped myself though as I know I would rather have the VX3HD .
Every time i have the cash to swing for it, something pops up. I’ll get it someday.
I have one (a Leupold) I'll mark down for you. It's got mounting marks but it's perfect. I would just rather have the 3.5-10.

Last edited:
I have a Fullfield II. No complaints but all I buy now is Leupold VX3 CDS I have 3 of them. Just better all around. I will probably sell it along with some other scopes and stay with Leupold.

I have a Remington 700 7mm stw and have had one on it since day one. Been on numerous flights and hunts and that scope has always been money. It's my go to rifle for most hunts.

I have a Fullfield II. No complaints but all I buy now is Leupold VX3 CDS I have 3 of them. Just better all around. I will probably sell it along with some other scopes and stay with Leupold.
Sounds like it may be a good opportunity for the OP. I’m kinda like you, I have no angst against the Burris, but I prefer the Luepolds that also happen to cost more, so it’s not a 1:1 comparison. A lot of it will be personal preference and budget.

Sounds like it may be a good opportunity for the OP. I’m kinda like you, I have no angst against the Burris, but I prefer the Luepolds that also happen to cost more, so it’s not a 1:1 comparison. A lot of it will be personal preference and budget.
That is how I ended up with it. Didn't have the money fora Leupold back in the day.

I'm getting my son his first deer rifle in .243 this year and I'm looking to get him a decent scope all along with keeping in mind that this is his first rifle and he is still learning how to hunt, shoot, etc. I've been looking at the Burris Fullfield 3-9x40. Most of the reviews I've read seem to be in favor of it. I was initially going to get him a Leupold VX Freedom 3-9x40 but I may just get him the Burris since it's a bit cheaper and sometimes the Leupolds are out stock and I try to order from Leupold's site since I get the military discount. Anyone used a Burris Fullfield or Burris in general?

Burris Fullfield are the nicest cheap scope out there. I own two and they work just fine as "set and forget" type optics. A lot of guys have really beaten the hell out of them and still had good results.

I have consistently had good luck with Burris (original Fullfield on my 30-06 for the past 31 years; Fullfield IIs on my AR coyote gun, one of my 6.5 CMs, and my wife's old 308). They're not flashy but they've taken a lot of game (probably 50-60 animals with no fuss). I also run Leupold, Zeiss, and Nightforce on some of my other rifles, but it's mostly because they're "nicer" not because I had any trouble with the Burris.

Amen to this. I have three kids 8 and under and every time I talk with my financial manager (the wife), the money I have set aside are allocated for other things.

I have 3 of them in various powers. I think they are good for the money especially if you can pick one up on expertvoice. I got 2 with the illuminated reticles. Nice option for low light. No issues with holding true after a few yrs of use on different calibers. None on big mags.

Fullfield II 2-7x35 with BDC reticle on a Rem 7600 carbine works great for 150 yards and closer but my eyes need a little more zoom these days. Burris is a great value scope.

Does anyone know if Vortex has improved the eye relief on the Diamondback scopes? specifically the 3-9x40

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back