Caribou Gear Tarp

Bulls for Billionaires take 2 (Wyoming edition)

The TF is very outfitter heavy, no doubt about that. I’ve complained a bit to the chairs over the last few months about needing to take charge and slow things down, but honestly I’m starting to feel a little bad for them.
You are more kind than I. IMO, they are allowing themselves and the TF to be bullied by the most vocal in the group. Wont even follow their own rules of order. Chaotic jumping around from idea to idea.

I have an idea for them, if your clients don't draw either find clients through the GF portal you have access to for every non resident who drew a tag. Or, the other option is to go find a job the other 11 months you aren't outfitting. You know, bootstraps and all, 'merica.
I've got another idea...instead of outfitters whining for handouts to force clients to them...innovate and adapt like most other businesses in a free market system.

If 100% of your income is derived from a small group of guided NR hunters getting LE tags...maybe think about how to broaden your customer base. I'll be a DIY NR hunter in WY this fall...I'm already working on the logistics...if any one of the outfitters had some 'DIY' support option I could be awfully interested...gear and equipment rental, meat storage/processing room...I can think of about 1,000 things a lot of traveling DIY hunters would pay a little extra for the convenience. Maybe absolutely none of it pencils out...but I swear if Outfitters ran this country we'd all still be riding around in horse buggys given how none of them want to adapt or even try to tap into the booming NR DIY hunter customer base.

You are more kind than I. IMO, they are allowing themselves and the TF to be bullied by the most vocal in the group. Wont even follow their own rules of order. Chaotic jumping around from idea to idea.
This is a fact, there are people on that task force that don't belong. Those that are the bullies and those not demanding they stop are both equally worthless in my book.

Its flat disappointing that I know of great people who would have been so much better than that what's on the task force.

As much as I didn't think the facilitator was all that great, its been downhill since she left on a steep decline.

I can also say that members of the public are not attending and/or commenting because its such a disaster. Not to mention that members of the task force are openly demeaning and mocking members of the public who do participate.

Its totally unprofessional.

Barry' Season 3: The Funniest NoHo Hank Moments From The First Half of the  Season

Get comments in on the taskforce website, short turnaround this time...nr elk cap/regions and antelope type-1's are the only thing on the public comment page, but I'd encourage anyone to look at the agenda and make educated comments accordingly. There are -- again -- several items up for decision that have not been open for comment.

True... though same time I had an elk I killed about 25 min from town, opening day, with a cheap MT resident tag, and I butchered myself. Couldn't have been more 80 cents a pound all in, including gas/tag/bullets/ butcher paper/etc.
You left out your truck note from the rig you drove that elk back home in. I think you’re down to 70 cents.

Back