Bulls for Billionaires take 2 (Wyoming edition)

My point was, that one industry has an obvious leg up working with the Department...the other does not.

I even heard testimony yesterday that the "the application services have these huge databases of all their clients, that's unfair".

I guess outfitters cant set up a similar data base with potential clients?

It was a full on assault yesterday on anyone that wasn't beating the hinges off their doors begging for a hunt, or a past client.

So far today, its not much better...
You’re obviously very involved with all that is going on and have a lot of knowledge on the matter, is there a real concern that the tag process could have drastic changes similar to Montana to cater to outfitters/guides in the near future? Or is this something that generally happens every year where outfitters complain and nothing comes out of it?

Application services have huge databases because they build them and clients pay to use their services.

I’m curious how many members of Huntin fool who draw a WY tag use one of their suggested outfitters? A company like Huntin fool IMO has more clients that pay to hunt. A company like GoHunt or Epic it seems the majority of clients are using the data provided and going DIY.

If Sy or any other outfitter can’t book clients on a regular basis maybe they should do some investigation and possibly even restructure pricing or hunts. I wonder how many $3600 cow hunts Sy actually sells?🤔🤣

Thanks for the update today Buzz. Can’t wait to hear what else happens today!
I've heard 60 cow hunts and last I heard he was fully booked.

Can't guess why elk are harbored?

You’re obviously very involved with all that is going on and have a lot of knowledge on the matter, is there a real concern that the tag process could have drastic changes similar to Montana to cater to outfitters/guides in the near future? Or is this something that generally happens every year where outfitters complain and nothing comes out of it?
So, the outfitters are always working an angle, but this one is a bit different. Its a no-holds barred attempt to make 40% of all NR tags to be outfitter set asides.

What irritates me is I assure you, this won't end with their latest proposal. They have passed things in the past stating, we won't ask for anything else if you just give us: Special Fees, preference point systems, wilderness guide law.

The "bait" they are going to use is 90-10 to get resident support.

I am just not buying any of it.

So, the outfitters are always working an angle, but this one is a bit different. Its a no-holds barred attempt to make 40% of all NR tags to be outfitter set asides.

What irritates me is I assure you, this won't end with their latest proposal. They have passed things in the past stating, we won't ask for anything else if you just give us: Special Fees, preference point systems, wilderness guide law.

What is your opinion on outfitters being able to gain the support for this to push through?

And what can be done to prevent this? Especially as a NR doesn’t feel like there is much a NR can do.

I was with you until this comment, it’s total BS. There is no way an outfitter actually took the time to respond to you ;)

Seriously, for all their complaining about tags/declining industry etc I’ve never encountered such a flakey group of individuals.

It’s 2022 you are part of the service industry, if you don’t have a website, cellphone, email and respond to messages within a timely fashion (1-2 days), even if it’s just to say “we don’t offer that particular service” STFU.

I’ve tried to set up llama rentals, drop camps, fly-ins, and even fully guided trips. Of maybe the 50 outfitters in 4 states I’ve contacted maybe 5 ever got back to me…

In AK I literally went with a pilot because 18months out for a bear hunt he was the only one who answered the phone, and that was only because hunting is a side thing and his main business is sightseeing tours and therefore he has a receptionist.

Anyway… I’m sure I’m just being an A-hole but I feel like a lot of outfitter woes are self inflected.
Respectfully, please re-read my post. I did not reach out to an outfitter. I received a customized letter FROM the outfitter, advertising their services.
B79FBBC8-F689-4EA7-BD91-ED472543EC71.jpeg
I got a hold of them as a courtesy to “RSVP: No” so they could cross me off their potential client list, since there are just a handful of tag holders they can potentially book during the time frame.

I’ll be packing out a bull in pieces myself…or getting skunked after 18 days of trying 😉😉

So if I'm reading this correctly and following along correctly through the thread...outfitters want to FORCE 40% of NR tag holders to use an outfitter in order to hunt in WY? If that is correct, why would ANYONE agree to that?

So if I'm reading this correctly and following along correctly through the thread...outfitters want to FORCE 40% of NR tag holders to use an outfitter in order to hunt in WY? If that is correct, why would ANYONE agree to that?
I would characterize it a bit differently. They want 40% of the NR tags sold to those who WANT to hire an outfitter.

I would characterize it a bit differently. They want 40% of the NR tags sold to those who WANT to hire an outfitter.
Thanks for the different wording, so yeah, they want 40% of NR tags reserved for outfitters. So what happens when zero NR want to use an outfitter, then what happens to those tags? Sold to the highest bidders I'm guessing and that is where this all started?

Respectfully, please re-read my post. I did not reach out to an outfitter. I received a customized letter FROM the outfitter, advertising their services.
View attachment 223569
I got a hold of them as a courtesy to “RSVP: No” so they could cross me off their potential client list, since there are just a handful of tag holders they can potentially book during the time frame.

I’ll be packing out a bull in pieces myself…or getting skunked after 18 days of trying 😉😉
Didn’t fit my narrative sorry not sorry

Ask these outfitters if they support social programs that provide welfare, medicaid, disability etc.....because they are asking for the same thing.
Fully subsidized product on fully subsidized maintained land.

When did it become OK for the government to reserve certain portions of wildlife to enrich a small portion of society?

Oh, since about the beginning of the species, (actually probably longer, after looking at some of the other primates).

Back