Bullet Selection for .270

All things being equal, which .270 Win bullet would you prefer for elk?

• 150 gr Nosler Accubond

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • 130 gr Barnes TSX

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • 130 gr Federal Trophy Copper

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
The barnes TTSX is a good bullet but...I'd hands down choose 150 gr Nosler Partition. I've taken alot of game with both including elk my issue with the ttsx is while it shoots great out of my gun and kills game but it puts tiny exit holes in game making tracking complicated. The Nosler Partition has never let me down.

I’ve had great luck with the 140 Accubond for elk in the .270. I’ve also never had an issue with TTSX expansion in any caliber, they flat out kill elk.

I’ve had great luck with the 140 Accubond for elk in the .270. I’ve also never had an issue with TTSX expansion in any caliber, they flat out kill elk.
140 Accubonds are deadly. I have a box of 124 grain Hammers. Just need to find time. mtmuley

140 Accubonds are deadly. I have a box of 124 grain Hammers. Just need to find time. mtmuley
That’s up next when I shoot out my supply of Accubonds. I have lighter and more weatherproof rifles than my old .270, but I have a lot of fond memories with it.

Im not making a recommendation either way, but my wife has taken several elk with the 130 Federal Trophy Copper. Shots were all sub 200 as she enjoys getting close.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back