Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bugle Reports

LWC55

Any reports of bugles yet? I'll be headed to WY tomorrow and will report back in a week or so, or whenever I get a signal. Curious as to what reports others are hearing so far across the country. Good luck fellas!

I’ll be watching this one. We leave for CO in 6 days. Good luck!

I got into a herd with some bulls bugling opening weekend in MT. They weren’t by any means active, but they were making noise.

Had a couple of bigles in response to cow calls in MT. They were lazy but still there.

Haven't heard or seen a thing in northern idaho. Pretty depressing start to the season.

I have heard elk bugle in Feb. They are vocal all year, but definitely not rutting yet, if that's what you mean.

We started seeing some rutting activity Saturday (NW Colorado). Had a herd bull with a small harem already that was talking back but wouldn't budge.

1 Mountain over (2.5 miles away) there was no talking whatsoever, but did cow call a spike into my lap Sunday morning, and the main group of cows/calves is starting to get closer to the bachelor groups. "Feels" like we are still 1-2 weeks away from full-blown rut.

I called in a bull with a Cow call on sunday in Montana. I bugled at him after i messed up the setup and he didnt care, and just walked off. I didnt hear any other bugles.

Heard a couple whimpy bugles in MT last weekend. thought for sure it was Lamb, or maybe BHR. :cool:
but then I remembered I was too far back in the sticks. Might have just been a young bull.

My son got a Spike and the only two cows we saw talking to him by cow calling in Idaho. Got them to about 300 yds before they got bored and left for water. Heard two other bulls, probably spikes bugling in the middle of the night as well. But the big boys up in the high stuff were still quite. As of last weekend.

Central Idaho....Saturday, Sept. 1 I found a canyon with six branch antler bulls and cows. The bulls were not paired up but they were definitely starting to establish who gets the ladies below them. I was able to call a small rag in twice but couldn't get a shot either time.

I’ve seen bulls with cows and no bugling in central Utah last weekend then on Tuesday they erupted and didn’t stop bugling until after 11 am. The next canyon over I saw a bachelor group of 12 bulls all out frolicking in the orange and red maples. Also saw a few single bulls and some smaller groups but no bugling at all among the bachelor groups just like it was still July. I heard ust a little bugling early this morning.

Northern Utah had bulls answer back the last 15 minutes of light on Saturday night and first 30 minutes of light on Sunday morning.

Heard my first bugle in Nevada on August 27th. Bulls were screaming their head off by August 31st.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back