Bugle Report

Just had a guy come into my office asking if he could take off early as his father just called to tell him he had a bull down this morning. Said it was talking and came in quickly to his calls. South Central Wyo.
I’d grant early leave for that!

Mostly lazy bugles, had a herd bull charge in to 10 yards after a good shouting match, no clean shot. Was downwind and could smell his breath. My partner killed a spike I passed on who scorched some earth coming into my cow call. We got caught in the gnarliest electrical storm I've experienced yesterday, rolled in at 0830 in Idaho. Super strange.

51421239717_b0855dac30_z.jpg

Mostly lazy bugles, had a herd bull charge in to 10 yards after a good shouting match, no clean shot. Was downwind and could smell his breath. My partner killed a spike I passed on who scorched some earth coming into my cow call. We got caught in the gnarliest electrical storm I've experienced yesterday, rolled in at 0830 in Idaho. Super strange.

51421239717_b0855dac30_z.jpg
Awesome!! Pretty as a Christmas tree on Christmas morning after Santa has paid a visit !

Last edited:
I parked at the base of my favorite little mountain last night to see if I could hear a bugle. Heard 3 lazy bugles with a little chuckling. Didn't have my calls, but I tried a "whistle bugle" and I'll be damned if I didn't get a response a couple seconds later. I've gotta wonder if that wasn't a very well timed coincidence, I would have never thought he would have heard my whistle from up where he was at. There was plenty of moisture in the air, but still. Life's mysteries I guess.

Not a peep on Grand Mesa. Packed 2 mile in on Wednesday and then sat in my floorless shelter for 15 hours of semi hard rain. Opening morning hunted in the cloud. I saw plenty of elk but did not get close enough. Hunted three days. I’ll be going back as soon as my 62 year old body recovers.

Lots of Doug Fluties out there howlin away through their tubes, most if not all the real elk have shut up in N CO

We have 3 live feed cams here in Pa and their was abt 20 or so elk on one early this morn ,2 smaller bulls were pushing each other around right beside cows and the heard bull was lazily watching them he didnt seem to care they were 100 yrds closer to his heard
than he was so if that is any indication still slow here in Pa

Not a single peep heard from my group that’s hunting in south central Colorado, 4 hunters in our group, and I’ve talked to several others. No ones heard a sound yet.

Not hunting, just returned from my summer in Alaska. Trail run yesterday up into the Eagle Cap with the GSPs heard a couple of bugles, but there were a couple of rigs at the trailhead.

Had some lazy bugles Saturday at daylight then nothing on Sunday, smoke rolled in thick.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back