Bugle Report

EWO

Post what you’ve been hearing in the elk woods! I almost always get into bugling bulls in the opener.

Tule eLk on the CA coast were hot & heavy in August!

In Idaho We had hot action in the bottoms but still pretty slow up on the mountains where we hunt. The bugles we hear are pretty lazy.

Last Friday we saw a young 5x6 hanging with the ladies but no bugling during the short time we watched them. Saturday saw a herd of 30-40 cows and couldn't see that there was a bull with them - there was no bugling in the woods that morning where we were. It's fixing to start real soon though :). Good luck to everyone chasing them around!

Heading out shortly. Hoping for an awesome '21 season!! Best of luck to all slingin arrows!!

Nothing yet. Too much smoke and hot in central Idaho this past week.
Got a depredation tag other half got his cow but the elk have vanished for me. Too damn many stupid road hunting bowhunters! Even on the mountain where we were seeing elk they have taken off to part unknown.

I heard a bugle while out scouting last weekend. Just one bugle at about 4:00pm. I was surprised to hear it. I was in thick timber and never saw the elk.

lazy bugles so far. Just bulls making noise. Took this pic yesterday. 14 bulls in the group all getting along well, with a few cows and calves mixed in. Saw another heard of close to 100 mostly cows with a few spikes in the mix. Nothing too interesting in this part of Wyo just yet.

1630618706950.jpeg

Had four bulls bugling tonight. Of course in the most difficult place to try to get in. Threw some cow calls, got some half hearted responses. Backed out before the thermals dropped on to them. It's a long season and there's always tmrw, at least until the end of September, lol.

Hearing some lazy bugles the last few days in NW Wyoming. Most of the bulls are still in batchelor groups but I did see one big bull pushing cows this morning. Should be getting better every day!

My son spends a lot of time traveling around the state of Montana and camping. He's been hearing bulls bugle for 2 weeks now. Watched a bull smashing trees this week.

Following for news around Chama. Sitting here in the aftermath of Ida in 99*. My October trip to Chama is the only thing keeping me from going stir crazy. I can't wait for "frost on the windows" up there instead of cardboard on broken windows here. I would pay big bucks to be in the aspens right now, just listening to the bugles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back