Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bucket List Trip done

View attachment 276879Day 4 I departed Namche and the weather remained perfect. Going to Deboche about 7.5 miles and 1,600 feet higher but that only tells part of the story. In order to get to Deboche you drop almost 1,000 feet into a river valley and then it is up hill from thereView attachment 276875View attachment 276876
A group of porters resting. Without these guys there would be no trekking in Nepal

View attachment 276880

View attachment 276881
View attachment 276882
Before I reach Deboche I get to the Monastery at Tengboche. It is a cool place!!!
View attachment 276883
View attachment 276884
View attachment 276885View attachment 276886
Arrive in Deboche and our tea house was luxurious with hot showers and heated mattress pads!!!
View attachment 276887View attachment 276888

I am not one to take pics of hotel rooms but at this elevation and zero roads it was amazing the investment these people made in building such a place
View attachment 276894
View attachment 276895

PS get used to the Kuiu camo and yes I was the only one wearing it on the whole trek.
So Cool, So Awesome!

@Nemont I go to Glasgow every time I am in NE Montana. I totally agree with you. You ain't in Glasgow anymore Dorothy!!

I want to echo or ask why the face covering? @kansasdad asked was it for temps, sun exposure? What say you?

Awesome bucket list accomplishment

@Nemont I go to Glasgow every time I am in NE Montana. I totally agree with you. You ain't in Glasgow anymore Dorothy!!

I want to echo or ask why the face covering? @kansasdad asked was it for temps, sun exposure? What say you?

Awesome bucket list accomplishment
The face buff is for the sun, the dust on the trail and the air is so dry it helps avoid the Khumbu cough. It was a very useful item to have.

We only had rain on day one then sunny and beautiful but the yak trains, mules trains and trekkers can stir up the dust too.

I am meeting my girlfriend in Paris for two weeks but I won’t be posting any of those pics either.
Try to make a stop at the Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature (Museum of Hunting and Nature) while you’re there. 62 Rue des Archives in le Marais.

@Nemont , does everyone that climbs Everest have to take this long journey to base camp? I always thought you could ride a helicopter in. You would miss this incredible trip, though.

Inspiring following along with your bucket list "determination" adventure. Thanks for sharing!

The great aspect of a social media platform presents itself with a thread of this nature... Likely, this thread stirs many to reflect on work and living life.

Thanks for sharing. Following.

Cool thread.

The one thing I noticed is the sandals, crocs, and tennis shoes on the locals. All the "visitors" are in boots.

I have sooooooo many questions. What trekking company did you go through? And love the updates and pics

I have sooooooo many questions. What trekking company did you go through? And love the updates and pics
I booked through Active Adventures out of New Zealand. Great guides, was really above my expectations as far as being as comfortable as possible and well taken care of. They seem to have an in at all the best places to stay. I was also happy with their pre and post trip help, info and now friendship

We have been watching many YouTube videos, pretty much know every step of the way to EBC. The porters are amaizing. This thread has us really pulling the trigger for October 2024. If we make it alive to Lukla that would be worth the price of admission.

We have been watching many YouTube videos, pretty much know every step of the way to EBC. The porters are amaizing. This thread has us really pulling the trigger for October 2024. If we make it alive to Lukla that would be worth the price of admission.

Back