Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Bucket list fish

NDMuley

Was in Florida this week with the wife and I was able to get out fishing 1 afternoon with a local tarpon guide. After about 2.5 hours of fishing the cork went down and the battle was on. These fish have amazing power. After about 4 to 5 jumps.

IMG_20210429_135331_899.jpg

She than started to run. The battle was on. The fish and I battled it out around the boat multiple times. I would have her almost to the boat and she would make another run. After a hour with both the fish and I wore out she gave 1 last run and I was able to bring her in for a few picture and let her swim back to the ocean.
What a battle it was and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to catch a awesome fish.
IMG_20210429_135331_892.jpg

Spent some time in my youth living and fishing the Keys with a flyrod. Caught many different kinds of fish, including tarpon. Never anything that large but I had plenty of opportunities.
For saltwater I guess Roosterfish are still in my sights.
Congrats on that great tarpon.

Nice work, and nice shirt! Whitney used to have a shop here on the banks. His brother is still here and is the best butcher on the island!

I have done the tarpon thing and there is very little like it. Congrats on a great fish and lifetime memory!

Awesome, we're heading to southwest Florida in a few weeks to do some fly fishing, never been there and tarpon are on my bucket list as well!

Was in Florida this week with the wife and I was able to get out fishing 1 afternoon with a local tarpon guide. After about 2.5 hours of fishing the cork went down and the battle was on. These fish have amazing power. After about 4 to 5 jumps.

View attachment 182087

She than started to run. The battle was on. The fish and I battled it out around the boat multiple times. I would have her almost to the boat and she would make another run. After a hour with both the fish and I wore out she gave 1 last run and I was able to bring her in for a few picture and let her swim back to the ocean.
What a battle it was and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to catch a awesome fish.
View attachment 182089
Great fish! Tarpon are still on my bucket list, and it is fun to see other guys getting that done. Awesome!

Wait till only 5 non residents a week are allowed to fish for tarpon. Thats bull chit you catching a fish that a resident could have caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, we're heading to southwest Florida in a few weeks to do some fly fishing, never been there and tarpon are on my bucket list as well!
If you want to catch a tarpon pm me and I can give you the name of the guide I used. 1 of the best in the business.

Wait till only 5 non residents a week are allowed to fish for tarpon. Thats bull chit you catching a fish that a resident could have caught!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't get why the hostility. If your local you can go fish them every day. Why would they want to make it where only 5 nr could fish for them? Maybe your just jealous. Or maybe your post is ment to be a joke. Either way don't be salty. Life is to short.

I don't get why the hostility. If your local you can go fish them every day. Why would they want to make it where only 5 nr could fish for them? Maybe your just jealous. Or maybe your post is ment to be a joke. Either way don't be salty. Life is to short.
I think he's being sarcastic. Check some of the threads by mtnprst. A real douche wannabe outdoors self-promoter media host guy who hates on non-resident hunters just to get a fan base. We've all had fun taking pokes at him. You're okay.

It just occurred to me I have caught all North American trout and salmon species (but not all subspecies). I still think pound for pound fresh sockeye salmon put up the best fight (even half dead ones at the end of the run are still pretty frisky). No comparison to rainbows or steelhead. The poorest fighter award goes to lake trout. They are the indisputable champion in that field. Bull trout/dollies are a very distant second place sloucher followed by browns.

Its a joke. I fish saltwater in New Jersey and we have enjoyed the best striped bass fishing god can offer. Municipal/state/private boat ramps all packed that's WHY WE TYPICALLY PUT IN AT 2 OR 3 AM. . Fisherman in town from all over to participate in the bite. I was trying to make a stupid analogy & not being serious at all. WHY should the local township residents have to wait in line when all these out of towners are here catching their fish.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back