PEAX Equipment

Buck Movement

Nut

What is your experience with the area's the bucks will move from now til the start of October. (I am talking whitetails here)

Has it been that the bucks will travel a bit or will they saty pretty close to where I have been seeing a couple of decent ones?

Will some of them show up where I have known for some to be in past years?

depending on the area..........and the time of year(like now) when does your season open nut?

in area's where there is some population of people they wont go far.........in deep wilderness areas they may move more.

and yes, they will show up in area's that you have seen them before.

you really should consult the moon guide :D

JB our season opens October 1st.

I have made notations of where the corn has been planted this year and checked out a few trails that was not used as heavily as they are starting to be used now. I still paln on hunting this one area the majority of the time since it is a great travel corridor. Also this other area but I have seen the deer at the extreme edge away from where we want to be.

Until the rain of the past couple of days it would have been easy to determine where to hunt em....where they could get water since many creeks were dried up.

TE and I are planning to hunt cover a bit more this year instead of field edges in order to get closer to the bucks before shooting light fades.

LOL I will look to see what a moon guide will say about my area. ;)

Nut, have you seen plenty of does? Food source, water, cover, & babes should keep em in the neighborhood.

dont overlook the soy bean fields nut(if ya got um)......they are gonna scrape the edges of the bean fields early and then when it gets colder they will feed in the corn fields.........at least thats what i think i know. :confused:

Its been my experience... The bucks that you see now you will continue to see in the same area until about the end of Sept to the first week of Oct. then they seem to kind of "vanish" until the end of Oct... I think they get their winter coat and tend to lay up until it gets dark and cooler out.

Good luck Nut, hope you and TE nail them bucks!

TE and I have taken a pledge of nothing less than a 6 pointer(3x3 or 2x4,etc) with our bows. So we are putting plans together(he is pretty smart when it comes to hunting :D )

Since this time of year is new to us here I am trying to see our things change as the season gets closer.

The travel areas are there and in use year round. I even had Vipe check with the WMA manager of the public land on how they do the crop rotations ;)

We have permission slips from the orchard owner and will be able to take the back path to get behind some of the areas the deer are at early October.(good turkey area also and if we kill a doe on the orchard we can use deer damage permits)

Now the one thing that stinks is Codie has a game the same morning as opening day. :( |oo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back