Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Browning X Bolt

A knowledgeable Reloader friend of mine just purchased an AR platform in 6.5 CM.

Topped it with a big ol busy illuminated reticle Meopta from @schmalts.

Punches string after string clovers.

You can watch the holes being made thru that thing right where your aiming on the bull. Fun….

Don't have a 6.5 but do own several Browning Bar's in __ .270..270wsm, 30-06, & .308 -- I have a ""man crush"" on my Brownings -- at one time, I had a .280 Browning A-Bolt and a x-bolt in 30-06, just as crazy about the bolt guns as the Bars**;)

A knowledgeable Reloader friend of mine just purchased an AR platform in 6.5 CM.

Topped it with a big ol busy illuminated reticle Meopta from @schmalts.

Punches string after string clovers.

You can watch the holes being made thru that thing right where your aiming on the bull. Fun….
This rifle also comes with a muzzle brake, I am thinking recoil with this gun is going to be quite mild. It'll be my first rifle with a muzzle brake.

Last edited:
I’ve got HC Speed Long Range in .300 WSM with a VX5 HD that I got from Schmalts. Love the combo and it definitely shoots better than I can. I put the MCarbo spring in it. I’ve got a regular HC Speed ordered in 7mm-08 but I’m sure it will be a while before I get it. Love me some X Bolts. Congrats @ludville1, I’m sure you’ll love it. Post up some pics when you get it.

Attachments

• 0A6CEA7E-6AC4-40E5-8CC5-B7AB660538F4.jpeg
    0A6CEA7E-6AC4-40E5-8CC5-B7AB660538F4.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 13
I would have never considered a Xbolt I was a Remington and Kimber fan. I won a Xbolt Hells Canyon Speed rifle from go Hunt. I could pick the caliber of my choice and went with the .308 Win so my daughters and nephews could hunt with it. Well since 2018 that is the only rifle I use for big game. It just shoots and handles well. I just picked up a Xbolt Micro in 7mm08 so I don't have to share "my" .308. I personally think the stock is ugly but it feels good and really don't care because it is so accurate.

I bought a new Hell’s Canyon Speed in 280AI a couple months ago. I really like it so far. Shoots just under MOA with the 2nd factory ammo I tried in it. Fairly light, easy on the shoulder even without the break, looks nice, and I love the detachable mag. The trigger is fine for my purposes but I’ll probably tinker with it in the off season.

I am a little concerned about the durability of the finish though. I’ve hauled in the seat of my pickup a couple times with the muzzle on the rubber floor mat and the finish is already worn off the edge of the thread protector a tiny bit. It’s not a safe queen but I would hope the finish is more durable than that.

As noted above though, you do have to be very careful when mounting a scope to the receiver. I measured the threads in the holes when I did it and shorten the screws a good bit. They should really fix that.

Browning is under rated in my opinion. Doesn't get the publicity other brands get. Every one I've shot puts bullets under 1/2moa. Accurate rifles for sure, and good looking!

I have a HC Speed in 7RM that I really like. The radial muzzle break will increase the sound but its not bad. Just wear some earplugs.

I just picked up a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor. It has a brake on it as well, I haven’t shot it yet.

I hope your HC performs the way you like.

They make a good rifle. I have an xbolt in 270 WSM and it has killed everything its been shot at. Never had any issue with it except for the whole stock mess they fixed a few years ago.

Did they give you an ETA on the production of your rifle? I ordered a 2022 Hell's canyon LR Mcmillan recently and they have no idea when they will even start production this year from what I was told.

Did they give you an ETA on the production of your rifle? I ordered a 2022 Hell's canyon LR Mcmillan recently and they have no idea when they will even start production this year from what I was told.
When I ordered mine, September, I was told a year or maybe a little longer.

Assuming you ordered one of the 2022? I was hoping it would be sometime this summer. Hoping to use it for elk this fall!
Not sure on the year model as I didn’t specify a year model. The dealer I ordered from orders directly from the factory. It may take him a little longer but I don’t care to wait as he’s usually $2-300 cheaper than any other price you’ll find anywhere.

With that series of rifle, Browning is at the mercy of McMillian for the stock. I have had a HC LH McMillian on order for almost a year and it looks like I might see it in Feb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back