Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Brought home ticks and the wife is pissed!

Spitz

Knocked a few off myself on a 13 mile bear hike Monday night. Got home at 11:30 exhausted and dumped the wool pants on the kitchen floor. Checked myself and found no more . . . tried to get the wife to double check for me :D . . . no luck there, so I went to bed. Headed to work early Tuesday morning and soon started getting phone calls.

I found the first few calls humorous . . . she found a tick in the kitchen . . . found one on the wall . . . blah blah blah. The third call had me concerned, the fourth was a doozy. Apparently the fourth tick she found crawling on her neck and she was crying and justifiably pissed at my failure to properly take care of the clothes when I got home. Oops!

I've been trying to make it up to her with my charming personality and smokin' hot body but the progress is slow. Slight setback when number five turned up today.

Hopefully I'm in the clear now . . . we'll see.

Dude, been there, done that. In a place I was working last spring, it was not unusual to look down every couple of minutes and be able to pick a dozen of them off of my pants. After a few of them turned up in various undesirable locations in the house, I was instructed to strip down in the garage and leave my clothes out there every night when I got home.

You might be finding them for another week...just to warn you. :D

HAHAHAHAHA. I got my arse chewed this morning for one in the bathroom sink:D

I had put my pants from a Monday shed hunt in the bathtub thinking the little #*^#^*# couldn't crawl out. I was wrong. I just told her not to be a drama queen. The more you coddle them the more they push.

Happens every spring and she has yet to have one bite her.

Take your duds off in the garage. And tell her your girlfriend doesn't mind them.

HAHAHAHAHA. I got my arse chewed this morning for one in the bathroom sink:D

I had put my pants from a Monday shed hunt in the bathtub thinking the little #*^#^*# couldn't crawl out. I was wrong. I just told her not to be a drama queen. The more you coddle them the more they push.

Happens every spring and she has yet to have one bite her.

Take your duds off in the garage. And tell her your girlfriend doesn't mind them.

LMAO...nice! Yeah, that "girlfriend" line works like a champ! :D

I picked one off my daughters neck the other morning while brushing her hair. She wasn't impressed either.

Spitz, could be worse... ticks are better than crabs. Didn't you pick something else up that day? What - no gay as it lay photos.. I'm bummed.

Didn't you pick something else up that day? What - no gay as it lay photos.. I'm bummed.

I'm bummed too. Forgot the camera and the camera phone was in the car.

Did do the sweet Happy Gilmore dance with it when I found it.

Attachments

• bull.gif
    bull.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 230
A few years ago my took my son to get his hair cut, all of a sudden the lady cutting his hair started screaming and running. Place was crowded too.
I walk over and there is this big old tick the size of a tumbnail on his head, I started laughing, so did my other kids.
its Rare for us to get ticks here in AZ at least I don't see them often.
When a few of us went to texas n 2002 I came back with lots ot ticks, Had one in my nutsack too

Spitz, no worries there are probably still a bunch hanging out in the vehicle you drove home in. Probably enough for the whole family. ;)

I was in the shower at midnight last night because I felt all ticky after last nights bear hunt. Man, I hate those things!

I've been lucky, or maybe it's because I am paranoid and I hate the damn things. I usually take precautions not to get them on me and immediately and constantly check myself for them. That said, I had one stuck in my forearm the morning after I got home from that Texas trip Del mentioned.

Didn't run into them too often growing up in Oregon. I've seen and brushed off plenty of them but never have had to dig one out of myself.

Did spend a couple of years in Mexico and saw plenty of dogs with ear mites. Nasty buggers that look and act like ticks but can and did kill puppies by getting down inside their ear. Sick.

What I hate about the SOBs is you won't have any clue you were near them and you get set down in the old recliner....and yep, here comes one crawling across your face or neck! I don't care if it is a seed tick, dog tick they all should die over a match with their ass in a set of tweezers......and fleas, let me tell ya................ I'm John and I hate this kinda stuff!

get ya good case of the chiggers and you would wish for ticks.

didnt Schmalts come up with some home remedy for ticks? he's testing Horse piss or something.
wonder if it'l work on chiggers?

Dink, I would'nt mind setting in the recliner and having a pair of tits crawl across my face....Oh, wait a minute, there was that one time.....;) John

I felt all ticky after last nights bear hunt. Man, I hate those things!

Only found one on me this year...

Still time though since were in the middle of the season for them...

Surprised I haven't found any on the dogs yet, usually find a few every year...

I catch hell for bringing them home also.My wife will not even ride in my vehicle which she referes to as the tick mobile.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back