Bronco in person!!

SFC B

Ford is doing a traveling road show with the Bronco and they came to the local dealer here in COS today!! The boy and I headed over to peep it out. Man do I love that vehicle!!! The model on display was a light blue/grey, 2 door Badlands, MANUAL!! We got full access to it (except for driving or starting of course). Seating is 4 buckets in the 2 door. Getting into it (sitting on 33s) didn't require any step up or even hop up for me at 6' with a 34" inseam. Buckets are comfy. Plenty of room for my son who is 6'4". There is cargo room behind the back seats for 2-3 suitcases and a storage cubby under the back floor adjacent to the jack. This one also had the modular room with the panel over the driver removed. Switches for the lockers are up high on the dash. Exterior size of the vehicle seems more compact with less space wasted than a Jeep. All and all very impressed and if I were in the market for one of these types of vehicles I would pick this over a Jeep EVERY time.....not even taking into consideration the couple thousand dollar lower price for comparative models. This is what was there..... https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro...Bronco|2021|1|1.|331A.E5C..KU...863.RET.64W.]

Plus they throw in the gloves for free

View attachment 183304
This dealership has a promotional relationship with Randy Gradishar and he was there (doesn't matter to me, can't stand the Denver football team and think he was SERIOUSLY overrated IMO). My son made a crack about him maybe knowing Al Cowlings.......went right over his head ;)

They are pretty good looking rigs, brings back memories of being a teen in the 80s. I did see a Bronco "Sport" on the road yesterday, that RAV4 looking vehicle is not worthy of the Bronco name

My FJ is 11 years old, nearing 200K. Going to need a replacement soon - hopefully not for another 50K, at least, but its coming - and the Broncos looked pretty promising. Unfortunately, the interior space is less than ideal. Can get 2 persons, 2 dogs, 2 falcons, crate of pigeons, and other gear into the FJ comfortably - Id struggle to fit in a single dog and falcon into even the 4 door model from the pics Ive seen (which could be misleading). Le sigh. Cool-looking vehicle, tho.

They are pretty good looking rigs, brings back memories of being a teen in the 80s. I did see a Bronco "Sport" on the road yesterday, that RAV4 looking vehicle is not worthy of the Bronco name
Kinda like the latest Chevy "Blazer"......at least the Sport has some limited off road chops along the lines of the Jeep Renegade.

My FJ is 11 years old, nearing 200K. Going to need a replacement soon - hopefully not for another 50K, at least, but its coming - and the Broncos looked pretty promising. Unfortunately, the interior space is less than ideal. Can get 2 persons, 2 dogs, 2 falcons, crate of pigeons, and other gear into the FJ comfortably - Id struggle to fit in a single dog and falcon into even the 4 door model from the pics Ive seen (which could be misleading). Le sigh. Cool-looking vehicle, tho.
Whenever a 4 door shows up you should check it out. The two door is quite a bit smaller than an FJ but the 4 door should be a different matter.

I saw one on the road last weekend as well. Wasn't sure what it was but figured it out after a bit. Not sure what I think about them yet but hey, at least they figure out that the rear wheel wells need to fit big tires.....unlike the old ones that required a sawzall modification ;)

I saw a 2014 fj for sale for $44k the other day. I’d unload that thing in a heartbeat

My first car was a 1966 Bronco “three on the tree”. I owned two others and have a Badlands on order. Ford still hasn’t given me a delivery date and I ordered it on the first day available.

I agree, the Bronco sport looks like shi*. It does make you wonder why introduce the ugly model first...

There's a Sport that parks across the street from time to time. Not impressed. Wish the new Jeep Wagoneer was more like my old 79. Cars are boring today with all their safety features and reliability.

My first car was a 1966 Bronco “three on the tree”. I owned two others and have a Badlands on order. Ford still hasn’t given me a delivery date and I ordered it on the first day available.

I agree, the Bronco sport looks like shi*. It does make you wonder why introduce the ugly model first...
It is because it is based on an existing platform vs the all new platform. I don't think it looks bad at all vs the competition, but I probably wouldn't have called it a Bronco either. BTW, you'll have to post pics when you get it!!!

I don’t know why, but to me it looks like it should be driving on the moon.

You won't see many until next year thanks to the supply chain issues. The Bronco sport should have been called Bronco Ugly.
Agree. Not sure what’s going on with Ford. They are calling this a “Mustang”...

1621041779194.jpeg

It’s a pretty sweet car, especially for Ford’s first attempt at an EV, but it ain’t no Mustang!

Big F-150 EV reveal coming next week. I’ll post a link in the Truck of the Future thread. Teaser says more HP than the Raptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back