Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Brokered convention won by Kasich

You know why Carson endorsed Trump?

He's pathological.
200.gif

I don't think any amount of hatred towards Trump turns Kasich or Cruz into a viable candidate.

Kasich is a nothing more than a great parody of an early 2000s GOP candidate. He talks about arming Ukraine and heavy intervention with Russia. No thanks.

Ted Cruz is about as anti-establishment as any of the Bush family seeing as Neil Bush is on his campaign team. Not only that, he pushed the TPP for years, no thanks. Not to mention the federal lands issue.

Some very smart people have endorsed Trump. Senator Jeff Sessions and Ben Carson among others. Yet, most people I see on social media think that political commentary from people like John Oliver and Louis CK is more valid. Drumpf? Give me a break.

People want to knock Trump and call him a failure for filing for bankruptcy on 4 companies out of hundreds. A lot of entrepreneurs would be thrilled to have 4 failures out of 25 businesses.

I understand the hate people have for Trump. I just don't have any such feelings.

This is the most accurate comment I have read on the whole situation, from Joe Scarborough:

"The problem with the Republican Party over the past 30 years is they haven't - and I'll say, we haven't - developed a message that appeals to the working class Americans economically in a way that Donald Trump's does. We talk about cutting capital gains taxes that the 10,000 people that in the crowd cheering for Donald Trump, they are never going to get a capital gains cut because it doesn't apply."

"We talk about getting rid of the death tax," ,"The death tax is not going to impact the 10,000 people in the crowd for Donald Trump. We talk about how great free trade deals are. Those free trade deals never trickle down to those 10,000 people in Donald Trump's rallies."

""But herein lies the problem with the Republican Party," Scarborough complained. "It never trickles down! Those people in Trump's crowds, those are all the ones that lost the jobs when they get moved to Mexico and elsewhere. The Republican donor class are the ones that got rich off of it because their capital moved overseas and they made higher profits."

"The Republicans said, listen, we're going to have all of these trade deals and tax cuts that benefit our wealthiest donor class, but we'll give them the social issues," Scarborough said of the last 30 years. "We'll give them abortion, we'll give them gay marriage, we'll give them guns and they'll vote for us."

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back