Broke Truck!!!

Hunterman

Of all the things to happen before hunting season,,I damn near burned up my truck yesterday while working in the back pasture

We had a nice ceder log (about 20' long and a good 22" in diam.) that has been laying acrossed the creek for about 3 or 4 years...Well the neighbors tractor couldn't pull it out, so I says,,(with a good idea look :rolleyes: ) lets use my winch( 8000lb Warren hump ) to get that thing out..With a little of effort we get it out of the creek and up the bank :D It put some strain on the truck( good thing I keep the truck running hump ) Well I jumped in the truck to move it out of the way and noticed that my amps were down..(So again great idea :rolleyes: ) I kept the truck running to charge the battery up hump After about 5 minutes we saw smoke comming out from under the hood :eek: The dang alternator was smoking :eek: the it caught FIRE!!! That is the first time I have ever seen that happen... With some dirt and water we got it put out before it caused any real damage( just a burnt wiring harness and a burned up alternator) $175.00 for a new alternator( an 80 amp. hump ), and a trip to the junk yard for the harness and I should be back on the road...

On the down side of this,,,I could of had me a new truck if we just let it BURN |oo |oo

Hunterman(Tony)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back