Broke my foot

quail hunter

This is my foot after stopping a plate of steel falling from a welding table.
The nice thing about it hitting foot is you have just a dull thud, not a loud clang.
Broke the 1st metatorsal bone.Kinda ended my quail season early......
f9e83ad5.jpg

AHHHhhh... It's like "HEY I WARNED YOU !!" but .. Nooooo Moosie still had to Click and look anyways !!

EEEeeegggad, I cringe at the view. !!

Ok this may be gross, but that looks really cool. Nice, but I bet that's one of those things it only takes once to learn.
Quick Draw

Damn,,
mad.gif
I hate to hear someone stopping a hunt because of a little hurt footie
mad.gif
I can see not going to work
hump.gif
BUT THE HUNT MUST GO ON
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Like QD said,, it does look cool..Sorry about your foot man...

Hunterman(Tony)

I think maybe theres still a few shades of purple you could get that baby too.Man looks like that must have hurt a tad.Hope it gets better soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The nice thing about it hitting foot is you have just a dull thud, not a loud clang <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That clang sure can be irratating, but the scream of pain is even more irratating. The clang only last for a second, the screaming and cussing goes on for minutes.

That's why they make steel toed boots! I'm calling OSHA dude!!
wink.gif
Treat it gently and soak it in cider!!
biggrin.gif

Was able to run my dog in a NSTRA trial 2 days after, could'nt cover alot of ground but did .o.k., so did get to hunt.

Foot broke about halfway up, missed the steel toe.

The other nice thing was nobody saw it happen, so was able to cry for momma, pee alittle, cuss alot,make faces and noises that are'nt human, dryheaved a few times, layed down on some cold concrete outside until was able to conduct myself in a reasonable manner......sheesh

Hey Man!

If I can route out my hand cast, glue in a hunk of wood, srew in a wall hook (just to pull the trigger), and work the lever & saftey with what I have of my exposed thumb;

If I can drag my sorry a$$ out of my recovery bed, 9 days out of back surgery, and hobble across a couple hundred yards of creek bottom rubble, then climb a ladder stand, and sit there in PAIN, till I got got a couple shots at some whitetails ( got 2 that day Thank You)....
You too can still hunt my friend!!!!!

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome

We all have faith in your dedication & resolve. Expect to hear about some great stories, real soon, about how you 'crutched' yer way 5 miles up a mountain, in a -30 snow storm, and made a 500 shot on a 340pt 6X6 bull, with yer trusty 22/250!

Go for it my friend,

G46

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-27-2004 15:47: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

You should have put in a picture of your other foot so we could judge better the amount of swelling.

War stories, eh? Did I tell you about the time we went elk hunting in Utah just days after I underwent hernia surgery? Humping up the hills with one hand holding the stitches in, and squeezing the pus out at night? I'm not sure which was worse in that condition - walking or riding a horse.
eek.gif

Hey Paws.. Welcome to Moosie's!! WOOOHOOO
WOOOHOOO

And as my shrink once told me me...Insanity is only in the mind of the beholder...

G46

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-27-2004 18:14: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

You need to trim the nails back so they don't get bruised up....

Sorry to hear about the hoof. At least you did it now instead of October.

Back