Broadheads

Sharp !! 1st. Accurate !! 1st. Momentum 1st!. 2 blades, 3, or 4....An arrow is Not a bullet. You're dealing with hemorrhage, not shock. The total arrow weight has a lot to play in the equation. I hunt with a low end bow weight (55#) and heavy arrows (Easton 2018) with 100gr Thunderheads. So far 100% pass through. I have never had any problem recovering a deer. Usually just a straight up walk right to 'em.

I have sot nap hellrazors for a long time now never had an issue they have taken deer , bear, and elk but thinking for going to the 2 blade high end like silver flame, massai red flame or the solid brand

Whatever shoots best out of your bow and ....sharp...very sharp..
Sound advice. I don’t understand why guys get caught up in the cost of a head. It’s the one thing that does the damage. If it fails, your hunt fails. Guys used to come in the shop and drop 1000s on bow, sights, rest, quiver and other junk. Then turn around a buy the cheapest broadhead. The excuse, I don’t want to lose them. Guess what buttercup, practice more and you won’t lose them!
Ok, off the soapbox.

NAP Thunderhead XPs for a long time. Last 4 years it’s been the DirtNapGear DRT 125 double bevel. Put just about ant broadhead in the right spot and they won’t go far.
Matt

I've killed elk with Muzzys, Rage, QAD Exodus, and Slick Trick.
Settled on Slick Trick Magnum last couple years.

I’m using Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 4 blade 100 gr for my 1st Roosevelt archery hunt this fall , I’m pretty fired up right now , just got my new sight on my bow as well and got dialed in tonight with the field points this evening, the next 4 months is gonna fly by , lots of work still to do before it’s go time !!!!!105963

Last edited:
I have had good exprience with Muzzies, Montecs, Shuttle T's, Wac'ems, and Steel Force 2 blade w/bleeder. But the Shuttle T's have flown the best-I remember 6 blade broadheads or bigger (8) from no manufacturer to be named that were an awful mess. And I have no experience with expandables as they are illegal until this year.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back