Broadhead ?

Joe C

How many of you archers use muzzy brand broadheads? I'm curretly using thunderhead 125 and have been looking at the muzzys. How do you guys like the muzzys.

Joe C

I personally don't shoot muzzy heads but have heard good things about them. This year I am shooting some Innerloc broadheads that have been laying around which basically have the same blade locking mechanism. I know a few guys that have gone to the new Magnus Stinger heads and from what I hear they are the shiznit. Fly great and super sharp and lifetime guarantee...who can beat that??? Good luck if you decide to shoot the myzzy's though.

Joe C:

Arrowed many critters with Muzzy's. Good quality head that performs well and stays together. You can't go wrong with them, but the same can be said of Thunderheads. BOTH are good heads in my opinion. Good Luck this year.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Joe,
Add me to the Muzzy fan list. Been using the 75s for 4 yrs problem free. I use the same heads for practice and simply sharpen then for the season.

Chas

Muzzy and T-Heads for me as well
hump.gif

...tried the Cabelas "lazerharps" one year jsut for grins..."lifetime" warranty....provided that "lifetime" means just one shot!

...they did send me a gift certificate when I sent them back their garbage heads....

JoeC,

I switched to the Magnus Stingers this year and they are great. I wanted to try a cut on impact head and I think this will fill the bill nicely. Man that's a lot of ill's. Anyway good luck partner.

I have done used both the Thunderheads and Muzzy's and have found them to be very similar in flight. I have the Thunderheads on for now but when they are gone there is a pack of Muzzy's in the case. Don't think you can go wrong with either one.

meatinthepot

I have done used both the Thunderheads and Muzzy's and have found them to be very similar in flight. I have the Thunderheads on for now but when they are gone there is a pack of Muzzy's in the case. Don't think you can go wrong with either one.

meatinthepot

Muzzys & Thunderheads both have a great reputation, and have been around for a while.
There are several newer heads on the market that are getting great reviews for accuracy and same point of impact as field points, with high speed bows.
Just a few;

Magnus Stinger ( my favorite, I use them )

G-5 Montec, (very good AFTER you sharpen them)

Wasp Boss & Boss bullet ( super penatration, great heads from a company with a long reputation )

Slick Trick ( people rave about theses )

Steel Force ( the sharpest head on the market, but kinda thin/weak up front )

Rocky Ti ( titanium, super strong, and Rocky has always made a great broadhead )

Rocky Ironhead ( all steel, Rockys reputation )

If your going to switch heads, take a look at
one of these, the days of broadheads that don't hit the same as your field points are history.

P.S. anybody want to add to this list ?

Thanks for the info theres more choices to look into now besides the muzzys
Also was thinking about dropping down the grain Wgt from 125 to 100 not sure if I should. I'm wondering if the sights will have to move.
One other ? If I drop down to 100 grains do I have to get new sticks ( arrows)?
Thanks
Joe C

#1 25 grain lighter arrow will probably hit a small amount higher, maby an inch or two per twenty yards
#2 Every different bow tunes different, but most likly, they will be fine, maby even better. Most of the charts call for me to shoot a 400 spine, but I jumped to a 340 ( stiffer) and the rig shoots better.
A good place to run some numbers on arrow spine, and trajectory of different arrow/weight/speeds is www.bowjackson.com

I use 100gr Thunderheads. My buddy uses Muzzy's. We argue alot. Deer & Pigs still keep going down one way or the other. Nuff said.

I'm going to try some of those slick trick heads.
If they shoot like field points that would be great. Its a pain in the A$$ resighting my bow to shoot broadheads.I'm going to stick with the 125 grain heads that way I don't have to get new sticks also.
Thanks again guys

Joe C

i started using muzzys last year. the only time i ever shot anything with a bow worth speaking about was a hog a couple of months ago. i took them right out of the package and they went completely through a thick skinned hog and put him down in less than 75 yards.

Or you have clearence problems.

Again I must say that the Stingers are awesome. I just sent in 3 blades for sharpening. (Yes I could of done it myself but why when they have the better tools and will guarantee them) I also sent them a broadhead that went into the rocks and was completely damaged. I did this on a Monday and I received a package in the mail on that Friday with a new muzzy hat (I provided a photo of my kill using the Stinger broadhead) and a package of 3 new blades and a brand new broadhead. Now that is service you can't beat.

before switching to spitfires i used muzzy 100grains for deer, elk, bear and cougar nothing went far but the arrow good broadheads if you cant use expandables

Back