Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Broadening scope on banning rifles

It has to be extremely trying to be a California resident. They take all your money, want to take all your rights. Well..except for Newsome, as we've seen over the course of time the same rules don't apply to him.

I’d be shocked if it doesn’t end up in the Supreme Court.

I googled Chipman seems he was a ATF agent for 25 years. Seems like a reasonable appointment, I’d say as reasonable as Secretary Bernhardt.

Now there are a whole list of Trump nominees who basically said pre-appointment that they didn’t think the agency they went on to head should exist, that’s not the comparison you made but I think a fair point to make if we are comparing administrations.

At the end of the day Chipman seems like a law enforcement officer who is going to work hard to enforce laws… I’d personally have more of an issue if he was making comments that lead me to belief he wasn’t going to enforce laws.

So the intellectually consistent thing to do would be to oppose Chipman based on the opposition to others who had objectionable views relative to the agencies they were being asked to manage - like Bernhardt or Pendley. Likewise, if you didn't think having bernhardt or Pendley at the helm of public lands was bad because congress wrote the laws and those guys only enforced them, then your opposition should be tempered with that logic as well.

Elections do have consequences, and this is one of them. I'm not supportive of a gun grabber leading the BATFE, although I do support having career enforcement personnel in high level positions. Confirmation isn't a given with this senate either, especially with Manchin & Tester. We'll see who wins the civil war on guns in the dem party. If Dems are smart, they don't go after guns especially with midterms and the close make up of the house and senate.

Last edited:
So the intellectually consistent thing to do would be to oppose Chipman based on the opposition to others who had objectionable views relative to the agencies they were being asked to manage - like Bernhardt or Pendley. Likewise, if you didn't think having bernhardt or Pendley at the helm of public lands was bad because congress wrote the laws and those guys only enforced them, then your opposition should be tempered with that logic as well.

Elections do have consequences, and this is one of them. I'm not supportive of a gun grabber leading the BATFE, although I do support having career enforcement personnel in high level positions. Confirmation isn't a given with this senate either, especially with Manchin & Tester. We'll see who wins the civil war on guns in the dem party. If Dems are smart, they don't go after guns especially with midterms and the close make up of the house and senate.
I agree.

My question, the ATFs job is to control firearms correct? Like that’s the 30k view?

Im very open to being educated, I’m seeing a guy who is clearly is strong on enforcement and not pro gun heading an agency whose job it is to manage firearms. That doesn’t seem like a conflict of interest. Seems like a cop who thinks all cars should have a governor set at the speed limit on the highway so they can’t speed.

The BLM comparison seems incorrect, because that agency head said we shouldn’t have public lands owned by the fed.

I agree.

My question, the ATFs job is to control firearms correct? Like that’s the 30k view?

Im very open to being educated, I’m seeing a guy who is clearly is strong on enforcement and not pro gun heading an agency whose job it is to manage firearms. That doesn’t seem like a conflict of interest. Seems like a cop who thinks all cars should have a governor set at the speed limit on the highway so they can’t speed.

The BLM comparison seems incorrect, because that agency head said we shouldn’t have public lands owned by the fed.

I think it fits, since this BATFE nominee has stated a gun ban is ok. Both ignore the complexities of the issues in favor of talking point bon motts that virtue signal.

BAFTE is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. They're the Cal Naughton Jr of the federal gov't. The like to party, but they also enjoy a fine tuxedo t-shirt.

I think it fits, since this BATFE nominee has stated a gun ban is ok. Both ignore the complexities of the issues in favor of talking point bon motts that virtue signal.

BAFTE is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. They're the Cal Naughton Jr of the federal gov't. The like to party, but they also enjoy a fine tuxedo t-shirt.

Connect the dots for me, this action caused 247 BLM staffers to resign.

What exactly is Chipman going to do?

Is the argument posed here that folks think he will act unlawfully, delay permits or something unnecessarily?

Meh, we're seeing the death throes of the gun control movement: desperate pandering to the base without any chance of real reform. Why? They already lost the cultural debate once more people who vote Democrat started owning guns in larger numbers, especially women and minorities (if the industry is to be believed). They're only debating substance, which means they've already lost. Anything Chipman tries will be swept aside by Congress or the courts. Let's take the W and rejoice!

Connect the dots for me, this action caused 247 BLM staffers to resign.

What exactly is Chipman going to do?

Is the argument posed here that folks think he will act unlawfully, delay permits or something unnecessarily?

I think it would depend on a number if things:

1.) Executive overreach. The President and the ATF could change some long-standing issues relative to determining what is or isn't a firearm based on BATFE legal reasoning like the pistol braces, 80% guns, etc. They could end up interpreting current law in such a manner that they feel they could eliminate those things, or others that I may not have at the tip of the tongue via executive fiat. That would require a legal battle to ensue in order to get the rule revoked.

2.) He could place anti-gun activists in the highest levels of the BATFE who could then become over-zealous prosecutors in their desire to reduce gun violence.

3.) BATFE could be advocating for tariffs/embargoes of specific country's firearms & ammo sales (remember the Russia firearms embargo?) as well as advocating for increased prosecutorial powers against manufacturers through executive fiat or by working more closely with state level depts of criminal investigation, etc.

4.) Lobby congress for a gun ban. As the confirmed head of BATFE he would have outsized influence in not only stand alone legislation, but on budgetary issues as well. If he decides more money for enforcement both federally and locally (something most agree is needed) yet focuses that enforcement on specific buyers or types of firearms, then it's a defacto gun legislation.

June 8th?
Guess I'm a little late to the party! LOL!

Most notable of Mr. Chipman.
"As a member of the FBI SWAT team, I was issued an AR15......"

No. No he was not.
As a member of a FBI SWAT team, the man was issued a M4, full auto .223. Standard issue for Federal LEO's in advanced units.
...AND....when asked to define "assault weapon", Chipman could only blurt out, "Whatever Congress says is an assault weapon."

ICYMI - Chipman's confirmation vote tied 11-11 along party lines.
A tie of the Senate Conformation Committee means "conformation denied"!

We'll see what developes from here.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back