MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

"Unleashing" grizzly bears in Washington

Elky Welky

I needed a laugh today, and the yellow journalistic headline was too funny to ignore:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-moves-unleash-apex-predator-near-rural-community

I never knew grizzlies were on any kind of "leash" to begin with, but it looks like Ol' Joe (how many times can they point to him as somehow being directly responsible?) plans to "unleash" grizzlies on the poor folk of NW Washington.

Joking and the absurd writing style of this source aside, it is an interesting move from FWS to consider reintroducing (again "unleashing") grizzlies in this part of their native range.

Here's a link to comment, remember to be effective comments must be substantive to the purpose and need, proposed action/alternatives and analysis of effects, don't just say what you think should be done.

What if you’re on the fence? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Even living here, this is the first I’m hearing of it. Now I’m going to have to do some reading.

Release em in CA Release em in CA Release em in CA haha if I say it enough it will happen right?

Hiked part of a trail thats popular with the granola crowd. Girl straight picked up her lap dog to walk around me. Maybe she was afraid I'd eat it?! Her BF with the patagonia puffy tied around his neck, yet still wearing shorts, wouldnt even look at me as I said hi walking by. Silence from them. Grizzlies please. Either people like that learn about nature or stay out of it. Win win.

As for WA, OR, and CA for that matter... historical range of the animal. Bring it back. Cant call ourselves conservationists if we dont work to restore the native ranges of all animals. Transplant some elk too in CA so theres more of them.

Release em in CA Release em in CA Release em in CA haha if I say it enough it will happen right?

Hiked part of a trail thats popular with the granola crowd. Girl straight picked up her lap dog to walk around me. Maybe she was afraid I'd eat it?! Her BF with the patagonia puffy tied around his neck, yet still wearing shorts, wouldnt even look at me as I said hi walking by. Silence from them. Grizzlies please. Either people like that learn about nature or stay out of it. Win win.

As for WA, OR, and CA for that matter... historical range of the animal. Bring it back. Cant call ourselves conservationists if we dont work to restore the native ranges of all animals. Transplant some elk too in CA so theres more of them.

Unless there are too many other predators already in CA OR WA. No need to pile on

Who knows. Bring back the grizzly and next thing ya know we'll have dinosauras! idhao trird to get Montana to bring back wolves in the early 1970's and Montana wouldn't do it. Finally Idaho did it themselves and today there are wolves in Idaho, probably Montana, Washington, Oregon and California. Yea, bring back grizzly's close to civilization!

Who knows. Bring back the grizzly and next thing ya know we'll have dinosauras! idhao trird to get Montana to bring back wolves in the early 1970's and Montana wouldn't do it. Finally Idaho did it themselves and today there are wolves in Idaho, probably Montana, Washington, Oregon and California. Yea, bring back grizzly's close to civilization!
Yeah, there are probably wolves in Montana.

I needed a laugh today, and the yellow journalistic headline was too funny to ignore:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-moves-unleash-apex-predator-near-rural-community

I never knew grizzlies were on any kind of "leash" to begin with, but it looks like Ol' Joe (how many times can they point to him as somehow being directly responsible?) plans to "unleash" grizzlies on the poor folk of NW Washington.

Joking and the absurd writing style of this source aside, it is an interesting move from FWS to consider reintroducing (again "unleashing") grizzlies in this part of their native range.
Nothing new in this proposal. The Cascades were identified as grizzly habitat a long time ago. I think the last positive identification was in the late 90’s. I think the problem is that most go back north to Canada. Maybe Canadians taste better?

Vince Vaughn: long time ID and MT resident hunters on the lookout for west coast hunters

Also Vince Vaughn: Eastern WA residents on the lookout for grizzlies

Lots of people living in tents and out of vans on the left coast. Id love to see nature returned to its most basic, wild form everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back