Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Brittney freed for a major Russian arms dealer. I can sleep now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I think it's just a misdemeanor in the US.

So on the contrary, if there is anyone locked up for minor marijuana possession offenses in the US, will they be released?
Already have been with obama. Then more early Bidens term. Non violent drug offenders are getting more and more leniency, and marijuana has been decriminalized a great deal.

yup.

If she was a 5' 10", blond haired, and married to country singer this would be a different conversation.

Maybe changes things for some but I don't think so for many. Advocating for removal of the national anthem at games is going to garner you a certain level of dislike regardless of what you look like and who you make sexy time with.

Can you imagine the feeling of making a huge mistake, a life altering, throwing it all away without even knowing it, huge mistake, and in order for someone to bail you out of that mistake, you knew the world would be a worst place? Not only do you have guilt for the mistake, but then you have guilt for the rescue. I wouldn't want to be her. Sure she's not in a penal colony, and she gets to go back to playing a game for a living (something we've all dreamed about at some point), but I don't have guilt like that in my life, for me, it would be crippling.

Can you imagine the feeling of making a huge mistake, a life altering, throwing it all away without even knowing it, huge mistake, and in order for someone to bail you out of that mistake, you knew the world would be a worst place? Not only do you have guilt for the mistake, but then you have guilt for the rescue. I wouldn't want to be her. Sure she's not in a penal colony, and she gets to go back to playing a game for a living (something we've all dreamed about at some point), but I don't have guilt like that in my life, for me, it would be crippling.

My gut feeling is that you would need to turn up your sense of entitlement a ways before you could accurately assess her sense of guilt.

QQ

Imagine the guilt of making such a ridiculous decision for this trade. Wait, there won't be guilt. Hopefully every time she touches a basketball, the crowd boos. Wait, this is the WNBA - there are no crowds.

I read some books about Bout and followed the trial back when I worked in the international affairs realm. I’m simplifying the story here for sake of brevity, but the US used his cargo services to ferry weapons and all manner of things into Iraq during the early stages of the occupation in 2003, despite being well aware of all the bad stuff he was up to. He was occasionally one of ours out of convenience until some of our allies ramped up pressure and he wasn’t so convenient anymore.

Was the swap a “bad deal?” Yup. Although dude was already 11 years into a 25 year sentence.

Was he a bad dude who should be behind bars? Hell yes. But not just because of him agreeing to sell arms to FARC (which is how the US DOJ made his case an issue they could prosecute). He wasn’t “out to get” American citizens, but was happy to sell arms to whomever was the highest bidders with no concern about the consequences.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back