Brittney freed for a major Russian arms dealer. I can sleep now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you were just setting me up with your questions, that is the way you work and I appreciate that. No problem with it.

For 1. If you had sex with your GF at the beach resort, your wife probably won't be much in the kissing mood. No, I wouldn't know that gum was illegal most likely. I would have to hope that whomever I set the trip up through would relay that fact, as it is not something I would think to look up. I still go back to knowing what you can and can't do is your responsibility. The kissing your wife, I assume you mean in public must be in some middle east country where woman are not treated as equals. I wouldn't be visiting some place like that anyways.

2. I read today that she had a prescription for the drug, so I don't see how that makes her innocent under their law. I would not be surprised if that happens, but you should know that is possible prior to going and make your choices wisely.

3. I don't see how the fact that the US government considers someone as wrongfully detained makes them innocent or should give them a free pass.
1670532829693.png

I knew you were just setting me up with your questions, that is the way you work and I appreciate that. No problem with it.

For 1. If you had sex with your GF at the beach resort, your wife probably won't be much in the kissing mood. No, I wouldn't know that gum was illegal most likely. I would have to hope that whomever I set the trip up through would relay that fact, as it is not something I would think to look up. I still go back to knowing what you can and can't do is your responsibility. The kissing your wife, I assume you mean in public must be in some middle east country where woman are not treated as equals. I wouldn't be visiting some place like that anyways.

2. I read today that she had a prescription for the drug, so I don't see how that makes her innocent under their law. I would not be surprised if that happens, but you should know that is possible prior to going and make your choices wisely.

3. I don't see how the fact that the US government considers someone as wrongfully detained makes them innocent or should give them a free pass.

My apologies, I can see how that felt like a setup. I totally understand your point of view and I generally speaking agree... when in Rome, don't break the law.

The GF sex point is in Bali... premarital sex is now illegal, including tourists and they don't have privacy laws like the US. Gum is Singapore. Kissing in public was a couple in Dubai what were sentenced to a month in jail. Lots of laws around the globe that are different than ours, that Americans might take for granted.

I agree with adhering to foreign laws, and the state department generally does too, if you murder someone in a foreign country the US government isn't bailing you out, if you speed you have to pay the ticket.

But take for instance the gum law. Generally that's a slap on the wrist/fine or they take it away, but theoretically the government of Singapore could want something from the US and then give you life in prison for it. Then we are in the "political prisoner" situation.

What makes it wrongful/political is when it's about a beef between countries rather than the state applying their laws as their normal manner. (Which typically for most countries is lenience towards foreign nationals for minor offences)

Being that it's political... it's political, why her and not others that are being held, who do we trade and why... why did Trump make the deals he did?

Politics... it's all Politics

But still the individual got a raw deal because Russia V. US not necessarily because of their own actions, I'm glad the pawn got to go home.

Last edited:
What if someone comes here from another country and commits a crime punishable by prison that is legal from the country we are from?

Can we get more of the sex at beach resort conversation going and throw in some random hunt unit numbers, like New Mexico elk unit 34.

I think it would be great for anyone google searching units to think they are finding some inside intel and instead land on that!

What if someone comes here from another country and commits a crime punishable by prison that is legal from the country we are from?
That's not the point, and not what happened. If you'd said what if someone came here and beat their wife in public (because it's legal where they came from), and although we convicted them of assault, we issued a Life sentence. Then requested a US spy in exchange for this POS random guy from whatever country they were from.

That's not the point, and not what happened. If you'd said what if someone came her and beat their wife in public (because it's legal where they came from), and although we convicted them of assault, we issued a Life sentence.
I never said it's what happened what if they were from say..Amsterdam or something. Just making conversation...chill.

I never said it's what happened what if they were from say..Amsterdam or something. Just making conversation...chill.
I think your general idea is still sound. People can be held for crimes in countries that aren't crimes where they come from. They may not think it fair, but TS.

Part of it is the risk in traveling, there are a lot of benefits to seeing the world, but certainly some cautions. It definitely something that I've thought about and caused me some hesitation in my desires to travel to other countries. It's pretty cushy here, not sure I'm ready for a harsh reality in _____.

I think your general idea is still sound. People can be held for crimes in countries that aren't crimes where they come from. They may not think it fair, but TS.

Part of it is the risk in traveling, there are a lot of benefits to seeing the world, but certainly some cautions. It definitely something that I've thought about and caused me some hesitation in my desires to travel to other countries. It's pretty cushy here, not sure I'm ready for a harsh reality in _____.
I mean I think it's fair to say that it's pretty common knowledge that weed isn't legal everywhere. If your not smart enough to figure that out first you should probably stay home.

I mean I think it's fair to say that it's pretty common knowledge that weed isn't legal everywhere. If your not smart enough to figure that out first you should probably stay home.
I don't disagree at all. Personally I kinda hoped she's stay there, but only because it would be nice to have a reminder that the US isn't all that bad, and maybe we shouldn't bash it all the time... but that's using her as a pawn for a larger purpose, which isn't any more fair (fairer?) to her than her decade long sentence for weed.

Let's say that you go to _____ and have a couple of leinenkugs, and walk back to your hotel/condo, it's dark, you pass a vacant lot, and set off the curb to take a piss.

You know it's probably not legal, but it's not really a big deal.

But a cop watches you, arrests you, and because the US just issued some unrelated tariff legislation, the prosecutor is told to also charge you with drunk in public, and let's say for kicks and giggles they also claim they found meth in your pockets and convict you with a 15-life sentence.

Are you not "smart enough" or is there more to it?

Let's say that you go to _____ and have a couple of leinenkugs, and walk back to your hotel/condo, it's dark, you pass a vacant lot, and set off the curb to take a piss.

You know it's probably not legal, but it's not really a big deal.

But a cop watches you, arrests you, and because the US just issued some unrelated tariff legislation, the prosecutor is told to also charge you with drunk in public, and let's say for kicks and giggles they also claim they found meth in your pockets and convict you with a 15-life sentence.

Are you not "smart enough" or is there more to it?
Don't know not going anywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back