Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Brit report on my Elk hunt (and deer)

Thanks for all the comments chaps.
I am working on 'her indoors' to return but it will be tough (careful Tarheel she might read your post!), tougher than getting a Bull Elk me thinks.
But i don't give up easy, she will agree in the end i'm sure, she is a great understanding wife.

I did chuck some fluff between Hebgen and Quake lake but without waders it didnt really work, did connect with a couple of trout and whitefish though.
Strangely enough it was the only time i felt a little homesick, watching the other fishermen going home at the end of the day and passing by houses with people at home.
Bit it soon passed, i just put the fly rod away!

Just a couple more pics from the deer hunt.
IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

Cheers

Richard

Liked following your write ups. I was hoping you would get something. Congratulations.

Glad you got a buck! Great job, no small feat coming from another country and scoring on an animal.

You don't have to worry about the prickly pear on this side of the hill!

DD, I enjoy the King's English accented hunt stories. You sound like a solid camp chap. Keep the stories coming and share your upcoming hunt plans.

DD, I enjoy the King's English accented hunt stories. You sound like a solid camp chap. Keep the stories coming and share your upcoming hunt plans.

No upcoming plans at the moment, i need to earn some cash before i do that.
I did get invited back to my friends place in South Africa for a hunt but my heart is in the USA!
Cheers
Richard

Congrats Richard. I've been reading your other various threads regarding your "upcoming" trip. Glad it was everything you hoped for.

Emrah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back