Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bringing Back To Wolf Bounties

Just wanted to stir the pot a little! :D

I just thought it was interesting that right after our bounty conversation, I see that offer posted on the web.

The statement "Good Luck Sportsman and please help get these Killers out of our woods for good!!" Just shows ignorance on the issue of wolf management. I could just see this guy saying after he had exterminated the wolves adding bears,lions, coyotes to his list.

Bottom line is that people need to go out and do their part in reducing numbers. The reality is that most don't want to put forth the effort it takes to hunt wolves. It would be like me crying that my deer numbers suck over here because the lion numbers are so high and yet I haven't ever gone out on a lion hunt. I'm guilty and so I have no right to complain.

Isn't a wolf hide worth many hundreds of dollars? I have heard close to a 1000 bucks? I don't know, I am not in tune with the fur trade. But if that were true, I was kind of laughing at the SFW's $100 for a pic, and now this $50 bucks. If you want the money, what more do you need for incentive than the price of the hide itself?

Isn't a wolf hide worth many hundreds of dollars? I have heard close to a 1000 bucks? I don't know, I am not in tune with the fur trade. But if that were true, I was kind of laughing at the SFW's $100 for a pic, and now this $50 bucks. If you want the money, what more do you need for incentive than the price of the hide itself?

Not to mention, it's quite a trophy. Ask Breaks Runner, or Crittergetter. Do you need to be paid to hunt elk, bears, lions, sheep, ect. Some aren't into predator hunting, they feel it's not worth the effort. I say you reap what you sew. I actually likes not having people out there predator hunting. I had it to myself for years. The truth is, it's the fastest growing segment of our sport. The wolf will be to predator hunters like elk or sheep are to regular big game hunters. Top dog.

BTW, as a fur bearer, wolves average $96 each, with a high of $360 at the last NAFA auction. As a taxidermist trophy to sell they go for way more. Bears are about the same. Do we need incentive to hunt bears? I don't see a difference, just ignorance.

Ponder this, coyotes historically do way more damage to the livestock industry than that of wolves, lions, and bears combined. Wolves kill off the coyotes when they move into a territory. Hence the rancher will suffer less losses due to predation. Still the ranchers want all predators exterminated. Many would have all wildlife removed.

Glad to hear some sense in this issue. Wild animals make the woods wild. I feel alive when I'm in the woods and see a wolf track. I hear everyone saying the wolves have killed all the game. Funny, those people are still hitting deer with their cars and I'm still killing an elk every fall.

Crap! I know that guy who posted that. I hope he is aware that in Idaho alone 275 wolves have been trapped or shot already. I don't feel like doing the math, but I hope he has the $$$$$$$ to back up his post. Oh boy:confused:

That is what I hear, 300 up according to size and color, with black bringing the most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back