Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Breaks mule deer

Yep, and you’d have to make sure the landowners were guaranteed tags.
Honestly Montana is a unique state and more pressure needs to be put on the private. I wouldn’t support doing it during the rut for deer as private landowners would greatly benefit but we are getting to the point where we need public land tags and private land tags to disperse pressure. Well on our way to the kings deer.

Eyejonas..
You are on a roll my man.
Just left the football thread.
Hate to be a doe/forked horn muley killing karen...look out! ;)
Keep up the good work keeping things lively.
Yeah I've been on one a bit. Sorry guys.

The whole mule deer in Montana thing is just a fukin joke anymore.

How about only being able to get a deer tag every other year? That cuts the pressure in half.
You could literally do anything different and help things, hundreds of different ideas. There is no interest from Montana fwp and from what they tell me the majority of Montana hunters are very satisfied with their hunting so there is no interest from hunters as well.

Yeah I've been on one a bit. Sorry guys.

The whole mule deer in Montana thing is just a fukin joke anymore.

TBH I get the frustration, here in Sk we have an over abundance of Mulies in most zones and restrict tags to residents for OTC archery or draw rifle. We issue lots of doe tags too to keep numbers at the right level. Then you look immediately accross the border and its the other way around, free for all tags with low deer pop.

Whitetail was the same way back home a few years ago, you couldn't shoot anything but spikers ans forkhorns. They eventually imposed a 3 tine minimum on one antler and after only two seasons the numbers got much better and guys started shooting decent sized bucks...

Somehow northern idaho moved mule deer season from October to nov 1-14 with a thought that it will increase buck survival and lead to more bigger bucks. I have no clue how that’s supposed to work

Free for all hunting mule deer during the rut is the dumbest shit I've heard. They get the situational awareness of a dead trout when November kicks in.

Free for all hunting mule deer during the rut is the dumbest shit I've heard. They get the situational awareness of a dead trout when November kicks in.
It ain’t much of a hunt unless you have the terrain to protect them. Most of Montana doesn’t.

Somehow northern idaho moved mule deer season from October to nov 1-14 with a thought that it will increase buck survival and lead to more bigger bucks. I have no clue how that’s supposed to work
Maybe in the mountains their thinking is by the time the rut kicks in the bucks will be chasing does on the private low land?

see any elk😃
No. Maybe might have if I'd spent more time driving the roads, although most of the buggy runners weren't faring much better either. I'm not much for road hunting anyway. When I'm too old to chase animals with my own two wheels, I'll hang up my guns. I'll never be too fat to hunt on foot.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back