Brainstorming

question mark on the tri pod and spotter?

there's some sort of hint right there, i swear.

2 cases for one? :D

and who tf goes to staples for anything anymore?

Actually brings up a topic I discussed recently. Leaving camp in the backcountry between hunts. I've never done this. Never thought of doing it. Seems foolish to leave something as critical as that and "expect" it to all be there when you get back and need it.

This is a winter activity. This isn't a hunt you are taking too seriously, because you are open to not having a spotter. You will be drinking beer on this excursion which means nothing as it is what you do everywhere. 2 days off tells me you want to avoid other people, else you'd do it on the weekend.

I think this is:

A) A wolf hunt
B) A muzzleloader hunt
C) Backcountry X-mas Tree hunt

Actually brings up a topic I discussed recently. Leaving camp in the backcountry between hunts. I've never done this. Never thought of doing it. Seems foolish to leave something as critical as that and "expect" it to all be there when you get back and need it.
My foolishness is pretty limitless at times. I won't hit the SOS on my inreach like the other guy on here that slid his new truck off the road. Unless maybe both cases of beer are missing.

I'd start cracking some green cans, I'm sure it'll all start coming back :ROFLMAO:

I was actually going to do it on an elk hunt once, but shot a bull early on and didn’t need to. My plan was to pack up all my camp stuff in a light dry bag and hang it up in a tree that was pretty well hidden.

I've cached a lot of climbing gear in spots where it would ruin once-in-a-lifetime climbs if it disappeared, if it matters you do a good job of hiding it...
I would be a lot more worried about it below treeline, not many scavengers crossing 20 miles of glacier...
I would stash camps for hunting in a heartbeat but I feel like I struggle to commit to a single spot that much.

Packed horses in quite a ways last year. Went to an old horse camp with hitching post, water and a meadow for grazing. It had a ul tent setup in the middle of it. I figured they were out hunting So I went and found a shitty flat enough spot to camp. It didn't have enough grass, had to tie the horses to trees and had to walk them back to the original spot twice a day to water.
It became apparent that they weren't actually there and actively hunting. I left 4 days later without them returning and they are lucky I didn't use that tent as an outhouse before I left.

There’s WAY more shit stashed out there - 2 camps and very detailed compared to the original chicken scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
Ran into something like that 2 weekends ago. Scraped the PHUCK outta my shin.

If it weren’t junk I’d of taken it. Instead, I wanted to set the whole place on fire. 😅 Assholes.
There is maybe 2 grand worth of stuff in that picture and maybe another 2 grand 4 miles from there. Not worried about anybody tripping over that,even as close as it is to a trail - 50 yards

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back