Bozeman Area Euro Mount

Wapitifever

Looking for some recommendations for bozeman area taxidermists that do good euro mounts, both the guys I used to use are no longer doing them this year.

Jeff at Big Sky Taxidermy... Jerry does good work..... but I like Jeff better.

Try Kelly Wild in Belgrade at Wild's Taxidermy. $125 last two years for elk, good job but a character.

I get credit with my taxidermist for putting skulls in my old broken freezer of dermestid beetles. $25 for deer and $50 for elk.

I don't whiten them with peroxide though, he does that. Also if it ends up greasy, he has to deal with that.

I've done some on my own and also have had Andres do some for me. He likes to take my capes and then trade me for cleaning so it's worked out well. I decided to give this local guy in town a try. :D I've seen his work and am excited to see how my wife's deer turns out. I'm not sure on his turn around time because I think he's been packing elk for 2 weeks straight.

PM Greenhorn and he can hook you up with the in town Bozeman guy.

Turn around time is sometime shortly after next Sunday - probably a week or two tops. I'd take $75 if they are skinned in advance and $100 for elk (skinned). An extra $25 if they have the hide on them still. I don't do many, usually just for my household and good friends, Used to do it for a case of beer, but realized I was up til 2AM too often, and propane/peroxide is not free. Could use some Christmas money.

I'd take $75 if they are skinned in advance and $100 for elk (skinned). An extra $25 if they have the hide on them still.

That's more than a fair price.

I was dumbfounded when a friend asked me to price a moose euro... couple local guys are charging $400-475 for a euro. $350 for a caribou, $250 for a deer!

I'm in the wrong business.

Turn around time is sometime shortly after next Sunday - probably a week or two tops. I'd take $75 if they are skinned in advance and $100 for elk (skinned). An extra $25 if they have the hide on them still. I don't do many, usually just for my household and good friends, Used to do it for a case of beer, but realized I was up til 2AM too often, and propane/peroxide is not free. Could use some Christmas money.

If I decide not to do a shoulder on this one...............you will have one headed your way;)

Terry Suhr at 388-1585. He does a great job and will be cheaper than any taxidermist around...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back