Bowmar Sentencing

Haven't read all the charges against them, but just now learned about the Lacey Act. Parts of that law are a steaming pile of s&it.

Not a Bowmars example, just a thought experiment:
Your guide's license expires the day before you arrive in a state where guides are required. You checked his license last year when you hunted with the same guy, whose guided you for the last 16 years. You shoot a beautiful buck and head back to your home state to enjoy the meat and get the head mounted. For context, let's say your state borders his state, and guides are not required by your state for hunting the same mountain range.

Boom, Lacey Act violation that could carry felony charges and $100,000+ fine. Your guide violated state law, making your deer an illegal kill. Taking it home means that you are factually guilty. Lacey is "fact based". You don't need to be aware of your guide's violation to be factually guilty.

As hunters we have a responsibility to obey all the laws. But parts of this law violate the 8th amendment in my opinion, cruel and unusual punishment that far outweighs would otherwise be a misdemeanor or even just a game violation.

Last edited:
Haven't read all the charges against them, but just now learned about the Lacey Act. Parts of that law are a steaming pile of s&it.

Your guide's license expires the day before you arrive in a state wear guides are required. You checked it last year when you hunted with the sane guy, whose guided you for the last 16 years. You shoot a beautiful buck and head back to your home state to enjoy the meat and get the head mounted. For context, let's say your state borders his state, and guides are not required by state law to hunt the same mountain range.

Boom, Lacey Act violation that could carry felony charges and $100,000 fine. Your guide violated state law, making your deer an illegal kill. Taking it home means that you are factually guilty. Lacey is "fact based". You don't need to be aware of your guide's violation to be factually guilty.

As hunters we have a responsibility to obey all the laws. But parts of this law violate the 8th amendment in my opinion, cruel and unusual punishment.
Find the indictment and read it. They and the outfitter earned everything they got. They’ve done a great job of just not talking about a bunch of the stuff they did.

Your guide's license expires the day before you arrive in a state wear guides are required. You checked it last year when you hunted with the sane guy, whose guided you for the last 16 years. You shoot a beautiful buck and head back to your home state to enjoy the meat and get the head mounted. For context, let's say your state borders his state, and guides are not required by state law to hunt the same mountain range.

Boom, Lacey Act violation that could carry felony charges and $100,000 fine. Your guide violated state law, making your deer an illegal kill. Taking it home means that you are factually guilty. Lacey is "fact based". You don't need to be aware of your guide's violation to be factually guilty.

As hunters we have a responsibility to obey all the laws. But parts of this law violate the 8th amendment in my opinion, cruel and unusual punishment.
As far as I know, guide licenses are issued by calendar year. I suppose there are a few places where the season is open January first. Not many.

Good point though. It is the client's responsibility to ensure his guide is legal. Only requires a phone call to the state agency. If he's not legal the reason is usually easily discovered with a Google search. Most clients who use shady guides/outfitters know they're shady. They don't care. Cheap.

I think the Lacey Act is great. Hunters need to know the regulations where they're hunting. Don't trust someone else to do it for you. Would you trust someone you didn't know to load your ammo?

Not a Bowmars example, just a thought experiment:
Your guide's license expires the day before you arrive in a state where guides are required. You checked his license last year when you hunted with the same guy, whose guided you for the last 16 years. You shoot a beautiful buck and head back to your home state to enjoy the meat and get the head mounted. For context, let's say your state borders his state, and guides are not required by your state for hunting the same mountain range.

Boom, Lacey Act violation that could carry felony charges and $100,000+ fine. Your guide violated state law, making your deer an illegal kill. Taking it home means that you are factually guilty. Lacey is "fact based". You don't need to be aware of your guide's violation to be factually guilty.

As hunters we have a responsibility to obey all the laws. But parts of this law violate the 8th amendment in my opinion, cruel and unusual punishment that far outweighs would otherwise be a misdemeanor or even just a game violation.

One more reason not use an outfitter.

I thought that might be the case, don't see it up now. Maybe they got enough doozies for questions already?
Lol!
Aron is going to toss softballs to him and then they’re going to spend the next two hours telling each other how great they are. How they are truly God’s gift to hunting. And we should all thank the good Lord that Aron Snyder and Josh Bowmar are part of the industry.
I will assume that, after listening most will to want to stick screwdrivers in their ears. If two bigger, douche bags could get together, I honestly don’t know who would be.
Then the kafriuites and bowmarites will worship their gods in the comment sections.

Last edited:
Lol!
Aron is going to toss softballs to him and then they’re going to spend the next two hours telling each other how great they are. How they are truly God’s gift to hunting. And we should all thank the good Lord that Aron Snyder and Josh Bowmar are part of the industry.
I will assume that, after listening most will to want to stick screwdrivers in their ears. If two bigger, douche bags could get together, I honestly don’t know who would be.
Then the kafriuites and bowmarites will worship their gods in the comment sections.

Chris Brackett, Brian Call, and Muley Freak Erik would be worthy challengers.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back