MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bow Sling for Crossbows

WyoDoug

I will be doing archery this year for possibly moose (remote but possible) and definitely bear, elk and deer using a crossbow due to my shoulder surgeries. Looking for suggestions on bow slings sort of what Corey used for his compound bow in the Destination Elk V4 series. Anyone got ideas?

Also wondering when @Big Fin and the cameraman are going to get their elk. LOL

What kind of crossbow? Or, at least which category, compound or recurve. I have an excalibur micro. Carrying that thing has been an odyssey. I've tried a traditional sling on the shoulder, carrying in front of me, the Kifaru Gun Bearer.

I think I like the Gun Bearer best but there's not an obvious answer IMO having walked 100 miles with the darn thing in various configurations.

It's a Killer Instinct Speed 425. Have yet to shoot it and it's a heavy one. Going to need some major practice with it which I will be getting starting as soon as the ground is relatively dry where I am going to shoot at.

After more research, I am thinking a crossbow sling is best answer but looking for best way to attach that to my pack if I need to.

It takes more practice to get a good carrying system than it does to become proficient with the weapon out to 50 yards. They're super simple. Super lethal.

Good luck.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peytb10
Back