Bow scabbards

Buckskinbob

Anyone have pics of their bows tied up to a saddle? Trad bows especially. i am trying to decide the best way to pack my longbow this year. I'm thinking angled down and forward under the stirrup. Where do you attach your quiver?

I can't think of a good way to carry a long bow or recurve attached to your saddle. A bow hook type attachment to you that you can remove the bow easily. With a bow quiver attached to the bow adds a new set of issues. Again you would need to be able to toss it away from you if you get into a rodeo situation. You may need to toss it quick and far so you don't get poked by a arrow. It might be safest to just carry it without attaching it to anything, just hold it.

I can't think of a good way to carry a long bow or recurve attached to your saddle. A bow hook type attachment to you that you can remove the bow easily. With a bow quiver attached to the bow adds a new set of issues. Again you would need to be able to toss it away from you if you get into a rodeo situation. You may need to toss it quick and far so you don't get poked by a arrow. It might be safest to just carry it without attaching it to anything, just hold it.
That's what I did last year. Definitely makes sense with the arrows I guess, I didn't think of that

Right under the stirrup like a rifle, not to complicated I guess. I'm sure that case would keep arrows nice and secure too.

Right under the stirrup works great with a leather case. Took the broadheads off my arrows and put them in a case. The bow was the only thing left on the horse after I started myself a rodeo on the way in this weekend.

Attachments

• 20230611_125505.jpg
    20230611_125505.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back