Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

boutique broad heads vs. off the shelf broad heads

GlockZ

Just curious to see what's everyone's thoughts about the new trend of selling and using these boutique broad heads? I myself have been using Slick Trick Magnums or Vipers for years and have never had any problems, but now I've seen this past year a surge in advertisement for these what I'd call "boutique" broad heads. The ones I'm talking about like Iron Will and Valkyrie, just to name a few. Do they do the job better than Muzzy's, or Slick Tricks, or Rage? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they're well made, but personally I don't see any advantage to them, plus the price is whole other story. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I also shot/shoot ViperTricks and had great performance from them. Bought 6 Iron Will heads and I can tell you, they are sharper and stay sharp! Shot a doe with them and blood trail was mediocre at best. She went down fast, thankfully. I’ll be using them on elk and bear this year, so I’ll have a better take on them.
Right now, I don’t know if they’re worth the extra cost over ViperTricks or Magnus Stingers.

Those high end heads wont kill them any deader than a slick trick. But I will say the betterade broadheads, such as iron will, will not be one and done heads. They will kill and stay sharp. And a lot of the higher end broadheads come with a lifetime warranty which is super nice if you ever do have a head fail.

I’ve shot 1 Iron Will into my Block Vault over a 100 times and that thing will still cut you. Bent the tip of the one that took the doe down. Got a new main blade and screw in the mail. Overall, pretty good results.
Still, the initial cost.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back