Boots

I second Riplip. I have tried many boots over the years. It seems everytime I find a boot that I like, they stop making it. The biggest issue I have had was with the boot being waterproof. A lot of mornings, the grass is wet and after an hour of walking, the boots feel like they have gained a few pounds. I tried all kinds of waterproofing but not seem to last.

I currently hunt with a pair of LL Bean boots. They fit nicely and keep my feet dry. Problem is the soles are a soft rubber and wear out in no time. I ended up resoling them myself with vibram soles. I am really pleased with the end result. It looks like a Kennetrek but I don't think it is as stiff.

I love my Kennetreks, I bought mine at cabelas because its the only place near me that carried them. If you watch there adds closely you can save a bunch of money on them too.

I like a good leather boot. The terrain I hunt is badland country mostly but do get out to the Rockies now and again. Thank you guys for all of the recommendations and help. It’s greatly appreciated!

As mentioned above, Just try on a lot of boots.
I have a very specific shape of foot (wide toes and narrow heal).
I tried on Zimberlan vioz, lowa Tibet, asolo tps 520, a pair of scarpas, and a few pairs I can't remember.
When I walked in I wanted to buy the vioz or Tibet but they felt like just another boot when I put them on. I had the total opposite feeling when I put on the asolos it was a eureka moment! It was obvious that to leave the store with any other boot for my feet would be asking for trouble. I don't know anything about asolo boots but they had the #1 thing that counts they fit my feet.
Now if I could just walk in them enough to break them in.

I have a pair of the Nevadas. I have to say they are one of the best boots I have ever had. Fit great, light but very sturdy and grip well on rocks. But all depends on what your feet like, so try a couple pairs.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back