Boots.

Coonhunter56

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. I am looking for my first pair of really high quality hunting boots. I really like the the kennetrek mountain extremes. Here is the issue. I wear a 14 wide. Most of the boots that I have looked at do not come on that size. I contacted kennetrek and they said I could have a pair stretched. I am just not sure about having a new pair of boots stretched. Looking for any ideas or suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about having them stretched. Mountaineering/backpacking style boots are not very forgiving if they don't fit your foot type. I would make sure they are going to fit in the heel and toe box first.

I wear a 14 wide as well and went with Schnee's Beartooth. Buying this boot at their shop in Bozeman, MT was worthwhile. I have a wonky foot and they punched out a tight spot for me once I committed to purchasing the boots. Very high quality durable boot, I've used for 2 seasons so far with lots of miles. I can't speak to the other brands mentioned, but I love this boot for two primary reasons: 1. Lugged tread pattern is perfect for all terrain types in MT. 2. These boots are lightweight (relative to size).

I too wear a size 14, and have fairly wide feet. Finding boots in anything above a size 13 that fit properly is a challenge. A lot of companies just don't make sizes over 13. Others like Kenetrek don't make half sizes, or wide's, above size 13. Most stores don't carry sizes above a 13 even if the brand does actually make larger sizes. I just have to always try on size 13 shoes and boots, and then order online hoping that the 14 I get fits. If not, I send them back and start again. I ended up going with the Cabelas Meindl Denali's this Spring. The 14 Regulars actually fit perfect (initially ordered wide's, for the 13 wide's felt good in the store, but had to send the 14 wide's back when I got them because they were too wide). I also tried on the Cabelas Meindl Perfekt Hikers, but they just felt huge on my feet. I looked at, and tried on, many other options. Here are my thoughts/experience with some:

Kenetreks - tried them on at Scheels, but don't come in wide's over size 13. Toe box was too tight. Boots look and feel fantastic, but couldn't take the chance in with the tighter toe box especially at that price.

Zamberlain - I looked all over for size 14, but I could never find them in anything over a size 13. Maybe they do make them, but I never did find any in the particular models I was interested in.

Lowa - I could never find wide's in stock at stores to try on. I did try on Renegade's, Zephyr's, Tibet GTX's, etc., and ALL were too narrow in the toe box. Great boots, but would have had to order 14 wide's online to try on. I was about ready to order the Tibet GTX, but they found the Meindl Denali's.

Like EVERYONE says, you just have to get in and start trying on pairs, even if you have to order them and send them back. Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post. You don't want to get me started on trying to find pants or shirts for guys with long legs and arms. It drives me crazy that I can buy Sitka pants in longs, but they don't make shirts or jackets in longs!!!

Well the mystery of Sasquatch has just been solved! You poor fellas have no place to get good boots so you have been hunting all this time bare foot.

I have 3 pair of Whites. Best boots I have ever had. I can not wear the supper stiff boots like Kennetreks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back