Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Boots for September Hunt

markwilks

Looking for uninsulated boot suggestions for a September hunt in Colorado. I’ve researched the forum for other posts already but they are suggesting boots that are above what I want to spend. Any good suggestions for boots $200 or below?

Thanks!

I’ve got a pair of uninsulated Danners from Bass pro I’ve used the last 2-3 seasons. Compared to other brands in that price range I’ve been real happy with them so far. With a snow seal coating every season they are still waterproof.

Check out goHunt shop, has a lot of info on boots, measurements, and fit. You can also see reviews from others. I went with these boots for my earlier hunts or hunts in warmer climates and they fit great.

I have a pair of danners that I got in 2011. Used them turkey hunting and a handful of elk hunts and they are pretty hammered. 2 years ago I got a pair of kenetrek Turkey hunting, a Newfoundland moose hunt and an idaho elk hunt and they are holding up well. Very impressed and they are comfortable

I wore Danners for years. They were good to me, but the sides would always blow out on account of my EEEEE feet.
Now I'm Hoffman's guy. They just work. You can get into Hoffmans' under $300, but not under $200.

The best answer is go to Sportsmans' or REI and try on a bunch.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I’ve got a Cabelas near me and a Sportsman’s Warehouse. A few smaller shops that I can go to as well. My hunt is September 2023 so I have time. First ever elk hunt. I live in Michigan so starting to grab what I need over the next year so it doesn’t all hit my wallet at once. Finally found some ammo so boots are next then some clothes.

Thanks everyone. I’ve got a Cabelas near me and a Sportsman’s Warehouse. A few smaller shops that I can go to as well. My hunt is September 2023 so I have time. First ever elk hunt. I live in Michigan so starting to grab what I need over the next year so it doesn’t all hit my wallet at once. Finally found some ammo so boots are next then some clothes.
Whatever you do, get some miles on your boots well in advance of your hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back