Boot Comparison Spreadsheet: Thoughts?

My feet like the Meindl's and I would think they are in the same category as the boots you have listed. Several different flavors as well. I think their "perfekt" would be similar to your list.

I was surprised though that Cabelas is no longer selling them. Not sure if they are readily available anywhere else. Hope I don't need new boots for a while.
Dang it! Forgot about those guys. I'll add them. Thanks!

There used to be a guy in Arizona that was a big hiker and hunter that did great reviews of boots, shoes, etc. but I haven't seen him post in a long time. I tried google searching but couldn't find anything on him.

I was debating how to classify it since it looked more synthetic than the Kenetrek or Schnee's, but obviously has the leather lowers and clearly isn't a full synthetic like the Sportiva. Have you had any experience with that bad boy?

I have some on order.

Fit. The paramount quality of any boot, and it defiantly evades quantification on spreadsheets. So boot buyers rely on subjective reports of fit, from others whose feet are absolutely, positively different than their own.

Each manufacturer uses a unique last or foot model. The closer that last resembles your foot size and shape, the better that brand will fit. Try several on before committing. Once you find the right last/brand, you can reasonably expect future models by that brand, in your best-fitting size, to continue to fit well. At least until the last model or your feet change.

Fit. The paramount quality of any boot, and it defiantly evades quantification on spreadsheets. So boot buyers rely on subjective reports of fit, from others whose feet are absolutely, positively different than their own.

Each manufacturer uses a unique last or foot model. The closer that last resembles your foot size and shape, the better that brand will fit. Try several on before committing. Once you find the right last/brand, you can reasonably expect future models by that brand, in your best-fitting size, to continue to fit well. At least until the last model or your feet change.
10000% agree with you hear! The spreadsheet omitted it for that exact sticky reason. I personally would never buy a boot unless I could put it on and walk around for a good amount of time. I wish more boot companies would post their lasts in mm on their sites. I could hardly find any, but I see the ski boot world doing it a lot, and it's helped a ton in the last 5-6 years.

Also - changing feet are a bugger! You just aren't going to have the same size feet at 54 as you did at 24. Plain and simple.

My feet like the Meindl's and I would think they are in the same category as the boots you have listed. Several different flavors as well. I think their "perfekt" would be similar to your list.

I was surprised though that Cabelas is no longer selling them. Not sure if they are readily available anywhere else. Hope I don't need new boots for a while.
With Cabelas no longer offering them, the only place I know you can get Meindls is from Hoffman Boot in ID. Those or something from Lathrop will be my next pair of hard use boots.

I love my Lowa Tibets. Little to no break in required and they are holding up great to abuse. I also recently picked up some "Blemished" Lowa Bighorn G3s from Midway for <$300. Initial fit and wear was fantastic. The insulation will come in handy for my late season and AK adventures.

I love my Lowa Tibets. Little to no break in required and they are holding up great to abuse. I also recently picked up some "Blemished" Lowa Bighorn G3s from Midway for <$300. Initial fit and wear was fantastic. The insulation will come in handy for my late season and AK adventures.
Blemished stuff is always such a good deal, in my opinion! It usually has a blemish after the first trip to the mountain, so I figure why not get someone to put the first scratch in it for me. Lol.

Back