Yeti GOBOX Collection

boot break in

SandyCreek

I picked up a pair of Hanwag Ferrata II's and have been working on getting them broke in.. They fit my foot really well except the top of the toe box rubs on the top of my my big toe basically where the toe meets my foot and I've got a couple decent blisters. Ive never had a boot rub there before so i don't know if it will go away with break in or if theres anything i can try to do to the boot itself to minimize the rub. I really like these boots but Ive always been a full leather boot guy and this is my first serious full synthetic boot.I want to try to get it figured out right now because like i said they fit like a glove everywhere else. open to any advice thanks in advance

I have some new Crispi Idaho's that I'm still breaking in and had a similar rub top of toes right at maximum flex where toes meet foot.

You might try a different lacing technique....I loosened the laces across top of foot, even skipped the first eyes, then used the ankle bone locking eye and laced tight going up from there. So far that has reduced the toe rub significantly and hasn't reduced foot stability or anything like that.

Can also look at thinner socks like Smartwool PhD or similar if you haven't tried that.

I have some new Crispi Idaho's that I'm still breaking in and had a similar rub top of toes right at maximum flex where toes meet foot.

You might try a different lacing technique....I loosened the laces across top of foot, even skipped the first eyes, then used the ankle bone locking eye and laced tight going up from there. So far that has reduced the toe rub significantly and hasn't reduced foot stability or anything like that.

Can also look at thinner socks like Smartwool PhD or similar if you haven't tried that.
yeah I'm thinking ill try loosing the laces and maybe just a liner sock.. I'm gonna try lueko tape its just a tough spot to get anything to stick to

Sock liner is a must.
Indeed. Without sock liners, it really doesn't matter which hiking boot I am wearing, I will get blisters no matter how perfect the fit is. Sock liners however, fix that issue for me. I am particularly fond of the Injinji liners.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back