Boise State v. Nevada

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Ever since the greatest college football game I ever watched, BSU versus the Sooners of Oklahoma, I have been a pretty keen Boise State fan. And, the fact that mainstream media denies them much recognition, makes me root for them even more.

I mean give me a break, University of Cincinnati is currently ranked above BSU due to some moronic BCS formula. That's an insult to common sense.

But tonight, they play my alum. I still call it UNR, or Nevada-Reno, which it was called when I attended class at the fine institution we called "Harvard on the Truckee." At the time, UNR was in the Big Sky Conference, and was one of the best I-AA teams "money could buy." And I mean the "money could buy" part literally.

I will be watching tonight, hoping for the Wolfpack, but not all disappointed if Boise does what I expect them to do, and retain the perfect record needed for a BCS at-large bid.

I do think that BSU would win the Big Ten this year. And, probably many other conferences. Yet, my gut tells me they will not be invited to the party.

I find it quite intriguing that BSU put out an offer for any top team to put BSU on their non-conference schedule, and BSU would be there, but so far, no takers. Imagine that. So, how do they increase "strength of schedule" needed for higher BCS rankings, when none of the "chosen few" will put them on the schedule?

Maybe none of those schools want a plucking like that administered to the U of O Ducks earlier this year.

Enough for now. I feel better after such a diatribe. :D

IMO, the best thing BSU could do for strength of schedule is hope and pray they can get into a better conference. Seriouslly, the conference they are in is weak. Heck, the only other contender for the conference titled got spanked by Notre Dame who's bad enough (again) that they will likely be shopping for a new coach come January...

Last edited:
1 pointer, they didn't wait till january....but you're right, they're never gonna get respect in the wac, but where would they fit in?

There are talks about BSU joining the mountain west conference. Which I would really like to see. BSU should thank Oklahoma for beating OSU now they have a big chance at the fiesta bowl!

My Grandson-in-Law, currently stationed at Ft Benning is from ID and a big BSU fan...got me rooting for them too but they aint gonna get no respect in that conference. I think this years team would win the ACC as they were proven total puzzies by having their two divisions champs butts kicked by also rans in the SEC-East last weekend. BSU would probably dominate the Big East and this years PAC10 and Big10 sucked and they would have done well there too.

We all know this years real National Championship game is being played on the evening of Dec 5 in Atlanta.

It was a great game and like lots of us I hope they get some respect..

Too bad that the winner of that game is going to get their butt's kicked in January

....you bet jabber, and USC will probably end up higher than Texas.:D

Its too bad Nebraska is going to beat Texas in the Big 12 Championship game and throw the whole system out of wack!!!!:D

The Mtn West would be a good fit for BSU. Them in that conference may help it get some respect. I personally would like to see the BCS games go away from the automatic bids. Just take the top 8 BCS teams and Elite 8'em for the National Title.

Money, Money and corporate power will fight the change of any BCS selection rules. The bowl committees know that if they lose the right to determine whom they want in their bowls for commercial value alone will be devastating financially they think. There is truth in the economic value of most of the Country over the Mountain West and WAC conferences. It use to be that bowls were something special and only teams that had achieved a very good record would be invited because of the limited number of bowls being offered. Now that there is the fart in the wind burrito bowl quality comes in second to market value. Will this change, I hope so but will I hold my breath no.

The Mtn West would be a good fit for BSU. Them in that conference may help it get some respect. I personally would like to see the BCS games go away from the automatic bids. Just take the top 8 BCS teams and Elite 8'em for the National Title.

It would definitely help the conference get respect. But what the mountain west has achieved in the past two years should get them respect anyways.

They're getting some respect, but having their games only broadcast on the Mtn channel isn't helping the general public from noticing. I doubt we'll ever see any other conference with an automatic bid. That said, I'm looking forward to the TCU/BSU bowl game. Should be exciting.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back