Bobcat Killing Doe

I skined out a 42 pounder one time that was caught/treed by my buddy while lion hunting about 10 years ago. No doubt in my mind he could have killed a deer.

I saw 5 bobs this year. One snuck below me on a trail through the brush not thirty yards away from where I was set up. The rest were pretty far away. The bobs let me know exactly how well I've snuck into an area and how well I'm hidden. If anything disturbs them you will never see them -unless it's at night. I've also seen some really big ones before. When they get to a certian age they get really tall and massive, and it's pretty easy to mistake one for a lion -especially when all you can see is a giant cat's head with beady, yellow eyes staring back at you.
The rancher who owns the property out on the coast here where I hunt doesn't want me to shoot any of the bob cats. I know for a fact that the larger ones yank deer down from time to time -and so does he. I guess if I want to hunt his property, I'll do as he says.

Saving Deer

Nice! Not only did you get quite a trophy, you saved a heck of a lot of other animals doing it.:D

mtmiller said:
Pretty cool, I would pay to see something like that in the wild.

I could save those pictures to a Laptop and show it to you in the wild.. but it's warmer indoors to look at it. Sometimes you're posts don't make sense ;)

The largest bobcat on record weighed 17.6 kg (38.8 lb).

I'm double checking the number with my buddy, but I'm 99.99% sure thats what it weighed, it was about 10 years ago now or maybe 11. That number sticks in my head and he was scary huge. BTW where/how does one go about 'recording' the weight for one? Is there a special fur and feather record book where they keep track of the thousands of bobcats shot every year? If so I assume there is a catagory for badgers, skunks, gophers, coons and the like? I may just get my name in the 'book' after all. BTW, I know another lion hunter that killed one that weighed waaaaaay more than the 'largest on record'.

It sure looks big, unless that's a midget doe. Haha. Are you allowed to put out those cameras in Montana mtmiller? You'd catch some neat stuff with all the places you know probably, if someone didn't take the camera. Totally awesome pictures, wow!

It has to be more than 38 lbs.

In the little town I grew up in, San Saba Texas, people bring their bobcats in for pictures in the local paper. They are weighed at the feed store then the picture goes in the paper. It seems like every year they have one or two that goes over 40 lbs.

On year my brother killed one that went into the paper at 42 lbs and it was the size of a big dog.

A couple friends of mine here in Wisconsin run bobcats every year with hounds. There are 40 pounders killed every year up here. Im pretty sure the state record cat is in the 50lb range...Have to check on that to be sure though...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back